What is wpmu

What is WPMU? Is your main product a resource/ training hub for wordpress developers and your proprietary library of plugins? If so, what makes your format better than just installing plugins from the wordpress library or learning from the many other resources available? Is UPFRONT, your flagship plugin? The drag and drop format is great but it has some substantial limitations from what I've experienced. I've also found that features within UPFRONT simply don't work. I would like to see this tool evolve with the ability, for example, to nest images and text within a box (div) that you can apply color backgrounds. Or a better Custom HTML box.

I'm just trying to get a sense of what WPMU's goal is for someone like me (or if I'm even your target customer {a designer with substantial knowledge of wordpress, html and css but don't have the coding experience with PHP Javascript etc.}.) I do want to learn PHP and Javascript, however.

There is tons of information on here and I'm trying to wrap my head around all of it. I'm not sure where to start. Trying to justify keeping my subscription.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Luís

Hi Leno ,

Hope you're doing well today!

WPMU DEV have lots of plugins and themes that can be used for all users (advanced, basic, etc).

Using our WPMU DEV Dashboard, you can install/update all our plugins and themes, get support, connect to the HUB, control your account and activity, system information report, etc. Also, you have the Support, the Community and the new Academy.

Upfront is a front end builder, is the system developed recently to be used in all child themes (Fixer, Spirit, etc). It currently in the version 1.x, our developers are working hard to fix the bugs, improve the compatibility with other plugins and develope new features.

With HUB you can control all your websites and we are testing the new cloud hosting backups (Snapshot).

In my opinion, WPMU DEV don't have a specific target user, some plugins are easy to use, others requires a little more knowledge about WordPress.

I hope our members can share their experience about our products and services.

Cheers, Luís