What is your favorite plug in to embed a Twitter feed?

Dear people of WPMUDEV,

We are looking to embed our Twitter feed, with the pictures in the feed showing, on our website. Which plugin is your favorite to accomplish this?

I have a strong preference for easy-and-they-just-work-plugins that have good but not incredible customization. For instance, I am a BIG fan of GravityForms. That one of course has lots of customizability, but it is also insanely easy to just get it to work :slight_smile:. (Also your tip to get WP Rocket Caching has been great!!!)

Many thanks!

Cheers.

Serge :slight_smile:

• Milan

Hello Serge,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

To say favorite plugin is very difficult task for me as each plugin has its own flexibility and ability of handling twitter feeds.

Here is article which will help you to know every possible way of embedding twitter feeds onto your site along with some nice plugin explanation.
    https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/how-to-add-a-twitter-feed-to-your-wordpress-website

Please go through this article, you'll find lot of detailed information about each pointed plugin. It will be easy for you to choose one of them after reading plugin descriptions.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello again Serge.

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

I've took at looks at mostly every possible plugin noted in above article and then ones about which communities were talking. :slight_smile: But most of them only provides widget area which you can't directly inject into posts or pages.

So then I start looking for plugin which actually lets you do this. Then I found that plugin JetPack For Wordpress will lets you do that.

All you need to do is just install it, activate it and connect it to wordpress.com account. ( If you don't have one yet please visit this link and create one https://wordpress.com/start/ )

You can install Jetpack via Plugins > Add New > search for "Jetpack"

Once you install plugin, connect it to your wordpress.com account via Dashboard > Jetpack

After this much process you'll need to create twitter widget on your twitter account. To do so please login to your twitter account and then go to Settings > Widget > Create New . After creating twitter widget copy widget's id from url address bar. Please review attached screenshot for more information how to do so.

Now finally edit page/post on which you want to embed twitter timeline, if one is not created yet please create one and paste this shortcode in it.

[twitter-timeline id=YOUR_TWITTER_WIDGET_ID username=YOUR_USER_NAME_WITHOUT_@_SYMBOL]

That's it. :slight_smile: Just Save then page and your widget is up and running. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Warmest Regards,
    Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.