What order to install membership and prosites

I want to create a member mu site with two parts.

Marketing help for writers

Customs web sites for marketing books.

• rmahon

Maybe it's me later point.
    Let me reverse that question when I log on to your site in my going through Pro site only, or do I first go into a membership.

Basically, the members would have access to certain marketing, production techniques.

A percentage of the members would like to have us provide a website for them. And I understand that would be premium plug-ins premium themes and options that be covered by Pro site.

Maybe I'm over thinking the whole thing?

While I have your ear,, sometimes very difficult to find your way around your site. Or return to where I was. I have to drop back to Google to find it.

Your Google search bar should be on every page. For instance, I downloaded Pro site but I can't find the installation manua.

l I have watched the video. It's very enlightening, but the nuts and bolts of escape my search.

Thanks
    Ron

• aecnu

Greetings Ron,

Thank you so much for your feedback and questions.

Let me reverse that question when I log on to your site in my going through Pro site only, or do I first go into a membership.

Neither sir, from my understanding our site is running off a highly custom coded version of WordPress and the no longer available bbPress version 1.0, and in both instances the coding is indeed compartmentalized and not privy to even us on the support team.

Basically, the members would have access to certain marketing, production techniques.

A percentage of the members would like to have us provide a website for them. And I understand that would be premium plug-ins premium themes and options that be covered by Pro site.

In this case you would want to install Membership and then within membership institute Pro Sites. However, if I were personally managing this I would compartmentalize the two and put them on different domains doing something like mymembershipsite.com and mymembershipsite.net, this way when there is an issue with one it does not take everything down.

I have watched the video. It's very enlightening, but the nuts and bolts of escape my search.

On every plugins home page there is a tab marked "usage" - this is where the available documentation is located.

Please let me know if you have any further questions related to this thread/topic by marking this thread as unresolved below and posting.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Ron,

You are very welcome of course and thank you for your kind feedback.

While being a regular WPMU DEV Member I myself tried integrating everything into one installation and boy did that cause multiple issues.

But I found a secret weapon to have Multiple installations and yet have only one installation avoiding many conflicts and run my entire test production server on it and all of my other sites except my Solo WordPress installation for obvious reasons - it is a solo installation for testing solo issues that members have. Solo meaning not MultiSite.

My favorite of all time plugin has to be the Networks for WordPress plugin.

This allows one to manage a network of networks on one installation and includes domain mapping and I have yet to crash one of them though I test everything on one of them.

You may want to check it out :wink:

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend sir!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.