What Plugin do I need for Simplemarket

Here are the instructions:

Activate the FrameMarket or GridMarket theme.

Under Theme Options > Set up your theme find “Type of Header” and choose “Site Title” and then find “Show global or just that main shop products on the front?” and choose “Local.” Press Save Options.

I am using Simplemarket, not Framemarket or Gridmarket, and was told I would need to develop the theme (which I do not have the skill to do) or find a plugin that will do this for me. My last question went unanswered in the thread I started about this problem, so I am starting this as a new topic in hopes of getting some faster support.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @meredith

I hope you’re having a great day!

SimpleMarket was designed to be as simple as possible to set up; thus the name. :slight_smile:

The only options for that theme can be found in the Customizer under Appearance > Customize in your admin.

There, you can change the site title & tagline, and upload a header image if you want one. You can also do the header image under Appearance > Header (same setting for it there).

Also, if I understand your post correctly, you want to display products from the main site on on the homepage. SimpleMarket does that by default.

However, if you<re running a multisite install, and want to display products from all sites in your network, first create a page to use as your homepage.

Then, under Settings > Reading in your admin, select that page at “Front page displays”. Finally, on that new page, add the global MarketPress shortcodes you want to use. You<ll find those in your network admin under Settings > MarketPress.

Please do let us know if this helps, and don’t hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Meredith
    • The Bug Hunter

Yes, Marketpress is installed for multisite. I just need to know how to get each individual shop’s products (NOT global products) to display on each individual shop’s home page, not the main home page.

I was told that I would either need Simplemarket to be developed further to accommodate this, or install a plugin. Or, perhaps some shortcode could do the job? Something like [mp_list_local_products] (that isn’t a working shortcode, but you get the idea).

Please help, thank you.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @meredith

In that case, you need to create a page in every shop site using the following shortcode:

[mp_list_products]

And add that page as front page from Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays > A static page > Select that created page as front page.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.