What plugins can I use to create a marketplace that lets individuals sell their own products (not cr

I'm trying to create a website similar to craigslist that combines the functionality of ebay and craigslist, similar to etsy. I tried the guide listed here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-build-your-own-etsy-like-site-using-marketpress
However, that solution doesn't seem workable.
I am looking into using buddypress and Bepro listings.

Basically I want a classified ads website but I want users to be able to to review each others and conduct official sales, with paypal being plugged in.

I'm not looking for a website where users create "stores". This is too complicated for end users.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Basically I want customers to be able to log in and browser by geographic region or product category or both.

Thanks

• Mike

Hi @andrew33461

Thanks for your question!

What you want to do is possible(multiple sellers on a single website) but it will very quickly get very messy. Payments to individual sellers will have to be sent automatically by you and if you get more than a couple of sellers on there it will quickly get too much to handle.

Using Multisite is the best way really, you can use Pro Sites and New Blog Templates so that each user is billed monthly for their store and the website can be created according to the template that you have setup.

Using the Etsy style setup is usually preferred as it means that you will also get a cut of sales.

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Mike

Hi @andrew33416

Thanks for replying!

Yes that would be possible, if you have a Multisite install, and users have their own stores on sub-sites then all are searchable from the main install. If you install a plugin like Taxonomy Picker you should be able to get the cetegory/location stuff working.

You could also enable global checkout which will allow people to buy multiple items from multiple stores and pay for them all at once.

However, if you aren't going to be using a checkout and taking payments, then it might be worth just using Classifieds, you can charge people(or not) to list their adverts, and then others can browse the adverts and get in touch with the people that have listed them directly.

I hope this information is useful.

Cheers,
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.