What plugins would be needed

I'm trying to put together a site that allows members to join my website and create a website for themselves that they purchase a monthly subscription for. Would I use marketpress and pro-site for this?
I would also like them to have there own domain name so I'm guessing I would need domain mapping with that too.

Does this sound like something that could be accomplished with these plugins?

• aecnu

Greetings ehoanshelt,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I'm trying to put together a site that allows members to join my website and create a website for themselves that they purchase a monthly subscription for. Would I use marketpress and pro-site for this?

The Pro Sites plugin would be ideal for completing this job to include having a PayPal gateway for collecting and managing your subscription payments. Market Press would not be necessary nor applicable for your stated goal.

I would also like them to have there own domain name so I'm guessing I would need domain mapping with that too.

Yes the Domain Mapping plugin would perform this exact function of allowing your end users to use their own domain.com TLD's (Top Level Domain).

Does this sound like something that could be accomplished with these plugins?

Yes this is exactly what is needed.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• ThePath

Remeber and check with your host if you can get a dedicated IP otherwise you cant use the domain mapping plugin. Some shared hosts dont allow them and you may have to get a VPS or dedicated server.

I use Heart Internet who DONT allow dedicated IPs on shared hosting but I used to host with bluehost too who did when I hosted with them. A shame really as Heart is superior in almost every other way but I digress.

Would I use marketpress and pro-site for this?

Prosites would achieve this on its own. You would only nee Marketpress if you are thinking of selling other products direct to customers.

Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.