What pro sites status to do for 'New Blog Templates' template

Hi Guys,
I am doing a pet project with pro sites and new blog templates. If it pans out, I will take it live.
I looked around for my question but could not find it instead I did find other answers that I noted :slight_smile:

Setup: Pro Sites (with pay to blog add-on + others), New Blog Templates
What I did: Created a new NBT template & did the pro sites setup of course.
What happened: Time went by since I worked on the project. I came back to it now and the blog template pro status expired and pay to blog kicked in [great! but...].
What I want to know / confused on:
What pro status do I keep for my blog templates?
- Permanent? Would this mean client sites created with this template will have permanent pro status? [not good]
- Modify Pro Status: I don't know what this does. [I am afraid to click this, especially with a prompt. Are you sure?]

Thanks,

• Luís

Hi @alisadaqain,

Hope you're doing well today!

The sites created with Pro Sites (even using New Blog Templates too) will get the level chosen by the the user.

- Permanent? Would this mean client sites created with this template will have permanent pro status? [not good]

No, this is just related to the blog template subsite. It will not be reflected in the sites created using this template.

- Modify Pro Status: I don't know what this does. [I am afraid to click this, especially with a prompt. Are you sure?]

The option "Modify Pro Status" is to remove the "Pro Status" from that subsite and them, it will be removed all the "Pro" features, turning it in a "regular" subsite.

So, if you are using that subsite just to be the "blog template" I think you can remove the "Pro Status" and use it as regular website.

Also, you can create your blog templates using the default "Sites -> Add New" of the network admin panel, without any "Pro Status".

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Ali

So does that mean that blog templates (pro status or not) would not carry over special pro sites criteria to a new client site? That is, say if Package A had a no premium plugins and Package B did. If the blog template was setup with a premium plugin and user selected Package A [no premium stuff], would that client get the premium plugin since its part of the template? Because don't they see all templates at time of registration?

• Luís

Hi @alisadaqain,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to the premium plugins, and from the tests I made, in the blog template settings, if you check the field "WordPress Settings, Current Theme and Active Plugins" it will override the Pro Sites settings.

I.E: if the blog template have a premium plugin enable, it will be enabled too in the subsite created through that template, even if the plugin is not available to the level selected by the customer.

As the plugin is part of the blog template, it will be "copied" to the subsites create through that blog template too.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.