What "Role" does a user need to add Google embed codes to their site?

What "Role" does a user need to add Google embed codes to their site?

I created a "Multisite" page and the google embed code that I put in their works; but when the "Member" goes to add it or even just edit it. The code gets stripped out.

Please help as this is holding up a 3 person team - on the clock - and the launch of our site...

: )

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

when you say members plugin do you mean membership plugin?

i've never used s2members plugin before, but it does similar, it is not advisable to use s2members and membership plugins together.

HTML is disabled by default on multisites, that is a wordpress thing & nothing to do with us, i answered this in your other thread. did you try that plugin?

also being as i now know you are using pro-sites, i can tell you to enable unfiltered html addon in the prosites modules/gateways settings. that should do it.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

when i said to try that plugin, i was not aware you were using pro-sites plugin. but if that plugin don't work anyway, it's limited.

so with pro-sites plugin, you enable unfiltered HTML addon.

once you enable that, goto network dashboard > pro-sites > settings

scroll down till you see unfiltered HTML

then you can select at which level unfiltered html is allowed.

let me just ping @Timothy Bowers as he may know of another way, i've tried searching google but i couldn't find anything related to wp 3.5.x other than that plugin i mentioned in the other thread.

hope this helps.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

If you're using Pro Sites then you need to set which level gets that feature.

As mentioned it's disabled in WP by default because it's a security risk to allow unfiltered code.

There are a number of plugins out there that can remove this restriction for you.

Something like our Floating Social allows you to add extra networks. But I suppose it depends on what exactly you want to embed.

Perhaps it could be something you do within a theme template instead? If it needs to be customisable then code it up so there is an option for the user to make input of the ID or whatever is required.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.