What Service does Defender use to monitor a website?

I would like to know what service or tools does Defender use to monitor my site? Do Defender use similar services to Sucuri and WordFence?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Phillip,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Defender plugin is not using Wordfence code or Sucuri engines. Our developers have implemented some algorithms for scanning files against malicious code and for other features of Defender. The apps that are running these tests are in our cloud but I don't know code details.

I noticed you were asking about "how secure" Defender is. We're doing out best to make it as secure as possible within the feature that it currently offers. It's worth noting however that there's never (that includes Wordfence and Sucuri) 100% security available as there's too many factors and options there. There's always a chance for some "glitch" in server configuration or for some "not discovered yet" vulnerability in some plugin or even WP core. There's also a "human factor" involved.

I'd say that Defender is a complex solution within its feature list. But we're constantly working on it, improving its code and adding new features.

If you have any additional or more detailed questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam