What settings in the Anti-Splog plugin would Edublogs or similar networks use?

What settings in the Anti-Splog plugin would Edublogs or similar networks use?

See here http://screencast.com/t/kvtZRP5SJz (I mean all the settings too not just the % FYI).

:slight_smile:

• Nithin

Hi Greg,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

You can find all the settings for Edublogs mentioned in Product usage page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/anti-splog/#product-usage

The product usage page, does cover most of the settings described in Anti-Splog > Settings page, other than that I'm afraid there isn't any other settings listed publicly.

Regarding pattern matching these are rules specific to the website, and I'll have to ping the developer whether these settings are available, since disclosing the pattern matching settings publicly defeats the purpose to foil spam bots. Is there any particular setting that you are looking for so that I could address that out?

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further help. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Greg,

You can email me privately of anything as well on settings or matching FYI.

Can you grant support access to your site and leave in support message information you don't want to share in public?

When was this last updated on the settings? https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/anti-splog/#product-usage

Oh, I can see that some images are missing from that site - I will send message to usage writer so he will make that right.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Greg

Hey Kasia, I can do that but I was thinking you may have setting to share with me privately vs. the other way around on the settings and matching sections if needed...lol.

I just enabled it.

I don't want people getting annoyed with legit Blogs being disabled or their posts. I have been trying to find that good balance in both matching and settings...been getting lots of emails saying they were getting flagged etc where I had to go in and whitelist them etc.

Since my last update on settings, I have not heard any issues...yet...smile.

What do you think...?

:slight_smile:

• Nithin

Hi Greg,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Since my last update on settings, I have not heard any issues...yet...smile.

Glad to know that you haven't heard any issues, after you had updated the settings. Pattern matching depends entirely upon the type of Splogs that you're trying to block, and these custom rules depends upon each website, and what you are trying to block. Since you are getting your legit Blogs auto spammed, it has to do with the Anti Splog settings, rather then pattern matching, as the pattern matching rules what you are using are default.

What you could do is increase your Blog Signup Splog Certainty % to a higher value, and still if you get legit Blogs spammed, you can unspam it later, so that our server would rectify such actions in future.

If you are still looking to add more pattern matching settings, could you please let us know what patterns are you trying to block, so that we could provide you with those. Other than that, I'm afraid, the pattern matching for Edublogs are not publicly available.

I hope this help. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.