What to update, and what not?

Not sure where to post this question... in my WPMU dashboard I have a site that's linked to its domain name travel2.be but it also still shows up under its wpengine.install name. When I update the former, no changes can be seen in the latter. Should I just delete that one or just leave it like that and not worry about it?

• Dimitris

Hey there Christoffel,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Is by any chance the dvproductions.wpengine.com site the staging environment of http://www.travel2.be? It seems in our end (and your Hub page) that those are two different websites. Please advise!

If this is true and you don't need that staging site anymore, then it should be safe to remove it as it shouldn't affect your other installations.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Christoffel!

When I visit both domains I can see that there's a redirect from "dvproductions.wpengine.com" to "travel2.be" which is a "301" redirect. Is this a .htaccess or similar "server/DNS level" redirect?

Were these two domains holding separate WP installs before?

I'm asking this because I can see that while "travel2.be" domain has been contacted from our server last time today, the other one has been reached recently on Jan 4th so if the redirect was set after that date the data may not be fully updated yet. What I mean is that The Hub is keeping information/status valid for the last time it's been able to contact the site. It will not automatically "merge" sites if after that there was a redirect set.

Apart from this, if you remove the site from The Hub it will not delete/remove/deactivate the site. However, if that's an "external redirect" only (and the domain has not been changed in the site settings in addition) I think I would rather keep it.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.