what was wp-admin/include/mu.php deprecated to in 4.6.1?

I need to enable in dashboard theme editor and found this solution
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/quick-hack-to-enable-the-dashboard-theme-and-plugin-editor-for-wpmu/

When I navigate to that directory I do not see a mu.php file. Was this deprecated into something else?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Adam!

By "dashboard theme editor" do you mean the file editor for themes under the "Appearance -> Editor" menu? If so, this should be active in your WordPress by default so I'd suppose that it's been hidden with some "wp-config.php" directive or by other plugin or by the theme that you are currently using.

That said, please do following:

1. check "wp-config.php" file against this line:

define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT', true );

If it's there, change "true" to "false" and see if that brought back the editor.

2. If this doesn't work, try switching to a default Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Sixteen theme and see if editor becomes available.

3. If none of the above works, try temporarily switching off the plugins and see if that brings the editor back; if so, switch them back one-by-one and that should show which one hides it.

If I misunderstood you or missed anything, please let me know.

I do not see a mu.php file. Was this deprecated into something else?

The article refers to the WP releases from and before 2009 and since then WordPress has changed very much. The file was used in WordPress Multi User which was a predecessor of WordPress MultiSite. It's been incorporated and further developed as WordPress MultiSite and the file no longer exists. In fact a lot of files and functions were either removed or moved to other files or just rewritten from scratch since then so it's better to make sure if an advice refers to WordPress MU. If so, it most likely will not work anymore.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.