What were default pages with MarketPress?

Good Morning,

I have a simple shopping website setup for my step-father and I have a couple of questions that can be quickly resolved I'm certain. I recall deleting a few default pages during the process and now I have the following issues:

On the Shopping Cart Page when I click on the "Login and Checkout" button it takes you to a WordPress login page which is not what it's supposed to do. Same thing on the Shipping Page when you click on "Login now to retrieve your saved info".

I'm fairly certain that the problem is related to the pages that I deleted. Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. Feel free to visit the site to see what I'm talking about. I can provide screenshots if helpful.

Thanks a bunch. Cary Clark

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @windingwater4

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have visited the site and can indeed that is the normal process with MarketPress, the login box displays on the shopping cart and upon entering your details and clicking it should log you in and re-direct back to that page automatically, but does it send you to WordPress?

Also on the shipping page, that is also correct, it redirects to the WordPress login page and then redirects back to the shipping page.

MarketPress doesn't have a built in login/registration functionality and/or pages.

Is it possible you have another plugin that handled this or a custom page?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• windingwater4

Wow a very quick response which I greatly appreciate.

I do not have another plugin to handle that but if you could possibly suggest one that would be helpful. In lieu of this I would love to know how to edit MarketPress and/or WordPress to do away with this funtionality and the appearance of the language all together. I don't see my step-dad's website ever being that elaborate but either way is fine with me.

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @windingwater4

Thank you for the additional information, one way this could be done, though I'm not sure this would suit you, is through a login widget, so before they visit they visit the shop or while they are in the shop, they can login or register within the sidebar, would that work for you?

With regards to this

MarketPress and/or WordPress to do away with this funtionality and the appearance of the language
    I'm afraid you've lost me a little there, could you clarify please? Do you mean how the WordPress login page actually looks or something else? Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• windingwater4

Good Morning,

I probably want to stay away from the sidebar widget for login as we were considering doing away with customer logins alltogether. We will definitely keep it in mind though and I appreciate the suggestion.

What I meant by doing away with the language in MarketPress is to do away with the login prompts and associated language that I have circled in the screenshots. That's what I meant. I just don't want the clickable links to lead to a WordPress login page.

I will also do a web search to see what customer management plugins will work with our setup to resolve the problem.

Hope this info. is clearly communciated this time! If not please let me know and I will try again.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.