What Widgets Go Where?

FYI, one thing I found particularly confusing about setting up Social was that you've got some oddly named Templates, and then Widget "groups" that don't necessarily correspond to the Templates. And what, how and when those Widget settings apply on various pages is something I still don't understand.

I've literally been going through my pages on a page-by-page basis and looking at them in order to see what sets of Widgets are showing up. I DON'T consider this to be very good or user-friendly interface design. No offense to WPMU and the designer, but IMHO this really needs to be addressed. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is quite confused.

OK, to my specific issue. On my particular site, when you click on the Groups tab and then click on a Group in particular, you get a close up view of that Group. Fine. But what is controlling the Widgets on the left hand side? I'll be darned if I can figure it out. Please see linked screenshot:

https://skitch.com/internetmarketing/eqtpf/sustaining-member-group-home-ufo-ext-forum

Anything that can be done to address this