What would be a good theme or plugin to use to accomplish a site similar to guidestar.org?

Hi,

So I am trying to build a website similar to guidestar.org. I’m definitely not looking to monetize the website. Its sole purpose is to be a database of non-profit organizations.

I thought of using knowledge base type wordpress themes but it seems too to not really achieve the same features that is shown on guidestar.org

Any thoughts?

http://www.guidestar.org/organizations/13-1624086/metropolitan-museum-art.aspx

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Supergoyong,

Hope you’re doing well today!

It looks like that is a directory of non-profit organizations?

Our Directory plugin could work very well for this :slight_smile:

It comes packaged with a theme as well that you can use by moving it from the /plugins/directory/themes/

over to: /wp-content/themes

You can also use directory with any other theme you like :slight_smile:

There are also a lot of directory WordPress themes out there too, just do a search on google for Directory WordPress themes and you can browse through them. I think that is the type of design you’re going for.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions on this.

All the best,

Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

No problem Supergoyong!

Another point worth mentioning is that if you use a Directory theme then you will be locked to that theme forever. You won’t be able to simply switch to another theme in most cases.

With our Directory plugin you can swap between all different themes :slight_smile: and another bonus is that directory is built on top of CustomPress – so you can create additional fields/taxonomies.

On top of that, I was also just reminded that you can use our Google Maps plugin with a custom field and integrate google maps into directory too.

Hope this helps Supergoyong!

All the best,

Tyler

Edit: If you wanted extended review/rating capabilities, you could always use a plugin like this alongside Directory: https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-post-type-ratings/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.