Whatis the difference between Premium Plugins and Premium Plugins manager

It is a general question concerning the pro site features.

Where can we find a detailed description of all features?
What is the difference between Premium Plugins and Premium Plugins Manager?
Which one would be better to be used? Why?

Thanks

Andi

• Andi

Thanks Rupok

So the premium plugins manager is the more flexible one right?

Premium plugin would be
    plugin 1 for level 1
    plugin 2 for level 1

plugin 1 and 2 for level 2
    plugin 3 for level 2
    plugin 4 for level 2

plugin 1,2,3,4 for level 3
    plugin 5 for level 3

======

premium plugins manager could do instead

plugin 1 for level 1
    plugin 2 for level 1

plugin 1 and NO 2 for level 2
    plugin 3 for level 2
    plugin 4 for level 2

plugin 2,4 for level 3 but not the plugins 1 and 3
    plugin 5 for level 3

and perhaps than
    plugin 1 for level 4
    and no other plugins

--
    is it that what you mean?

Thanks
    Andi

• Nithin

Hi Andi,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

So the premium plugins manager is the more flexible one right?

In premium Plugins, you can select the minimum pro level, and above. On the other hand, in Premium plugins manager, you can assign any levels to the plugins. It's flexible, depending on the use case, and Premium Plugin manager does allow your plugins to appear in any levels that you can select.

The examples what you have given would be how it works. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Christian

I have this same concern. We're presently defining our tiers, which is why we're implementing Pro Sites as a way of presenting and selling them. So there is a lot of flexibility. I want to make sure we're not painting ourselves into a corner unnecessarily.

If I'm understanding this properly, with manager, we can assign any plugins to any level we choose. Correct? If so, what is the need of having another, mutually exclusive way of executing this? What am I missing? Just making sure I'm not missing something I should otherwise take into account. Any insight is much appreciated!

• Rupok

Hi Christian, hope you had a wonderful day.

With manager, you can explicitly select levels, but you don't know if you will have any more levels in future. If you create more levels in future, you have to select those again for following previous rules. But with premium plugins, you can select a base level and above. So any levels created above that base level in future, will follow your rules.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Christian

Thank you Rupok, I really appreciate your feedback. Not trying to be obtuse. But just to clarify, premium plugins basically designates an individual plugin as being available to anyone and everyone who belongs to any level above a certain point. For example, Plugin A could be set up as being available to Level 2 or higher. Then after that point, if we add Level 3, 4 and 5, Plugin A would automatically be available to everyone EXCEPT Level 1. Is that accurate?

With Plugin Manager, we could designate Plugin A as being available to Level 2. We could add Level 3, 4 and 5 later, and Plugin A would NOT automatically be available to those levels, unless we designate it. Alternatively, upon adding new levels, we could designate Plugin A to be available to Levels 3 and 5 but NOT for Level 4, if we wanted.

Does this sound like an accurate representation of the difference between the two modules?

• Andi

Hi Rupok

I think a combination of both would be the best solution. - Unfortunately not existing until now.

Example:
    You have a Starter Package - containing all 6 Upfront Templates Version 1and some basic useful plugins of wordpress i.e. contact Form

Now in a Bronze level you would like to add some more plugins i.e. a basic gallery

In Silver you want to exchange that gallery with the pro version or another much better gallery and i.e. gravity forms or contact7 which would replace contact.

This exchange of things is not possible until now in the premium plugin but it will be possible in the plugins manager.

After some months perhaps some new stuff for basic gets released which would replace stuff in the basic or bronze level. With plugin manager you would be able to exchange them which would mean your other people wich singed up before would loose perhaps access to their plugins - not good.

With premium plugin you could create a new level which now reduces all levels back to base or bronze and than hide the old bronze level so that it is still active for those who signed up with that level.

I am sure the plugins manager does allow already to create new levels and even they are lower, so you could create unlimited levels - reorder them - hide those no more in use but which should still be active and delete those who are no more in use i.e. because they contain plugins which expired/are un secure.

Wir premium plugin you would not be able to do that or, as all those levels follow a hierarchical structure.

Perhaps you could give examples and their use cases in real world. I think this would help much more to figure out what would be the best way to manage the plugins.

Kind regards

Andi

• Andi

Hi Christian

i.e. if you want to offer a package with a shop you might add marketpress
    im another package you would like to have no marketpress but therefore courseware available
    and again in another you would like to offer Appointments of jobs and experts

And than again in another Package you would like to offer a combination of those

This would be only possible with the Manager plugin!

Have a nice evening

Andi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.