What's the best practices of restoring from Stage to Prod

Hello,
I want to know how to do the backup/restoring between stage and prod efficiently, in the situations below.
1. In A multi-site, develop in a sub-site(stage), when it is ready to go live, how to copy it to the Prod sub-site or the main-site?
2. I develop a sub-site in my local PC (sub-directory), and I want to copy it to a really sub-site of a Sub-Domain Multi-sites in a server. Is it possible and how?
3. How to copy a complete multisite from a domain to another domain?
4. Single Site WP to Single Site WP. When we develop a single site WP, what's the best practices of the development? Let's say, 1. develop in local PC then go live to a server; 2. develop in the server then go live there.

Thanks and BR
YZ

• Milan

Hello Yudong

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Let's take down your questions one by one. :slight_smile:

1. In A multi-site, develop in a sub-site(stage), when it is ready to go live, how to copy it to the Prod sub-site or the main-site?

You could use our Cloner plugin if you want to clone one subsite to other one, and our Snapshot Pro if its about new doamin. :slight_smile:

2. I develop a sub-site in my local PC (sub-directory), and I want to copy it to a really sub-site of a Sub-Domain Multi-sites in a server. Is it possible and how?

Yes its possible. And answer is Snapshot Pro. Here is how,

#1) Take snapshot of your local subsite
    #2) Import it on target site
    #3) Restore that snapshot to specific subdomain site.

Detailed steps are provided in this article,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/backup-with-snapshot/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

3. How to copy a complete multisite from a domain to another domain?

You can use our "Managed Backup" service of Snapshot Pro. You can take backup of your whole multisite and then restore it to new domain using Snapshot pro's restore approach.

4. Single Site WP to Single Site WP. When we develop a single site WP, what's the best practices of the development? Let's say, 1. develop in local PC then go live to a server; 2. develop in the server then go live there.

This question seems more suitable for our community discussion so I request you to open thread in our Members Forum so community can participate.

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.