What is the best setup for selling individual products and membership

Hi,

I just wondered what people think is the best setup for selling individual products and memberships just like here on WMPU DEV?

Is it a combo of marketpress and membership that gets used here? Although I dont recall a basket/cart here.

What does everyone reckon?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @thepath,

So we actually run a very custom setup here. Mostly due to the fact that WPMU DEV existed before MarketPress and Membership :slight_smile: Also, although we offer individual products, they come with subscriptions as well so work a bit differently than MarketPress.

The code base would actually be more similar to a customized version of Pro Sites for bbPress vs. multisite and Membership.

That being said, if we could start over again and use the tools available today, then Membership and possibly MarketPress would be totally able to get the job done.

Hope that helps a bit. Thanks!

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Cool, yeh I did wonder.

I reckon I will probably use Marketpress and Membership to get a similar job done. The benefit I guess is people can add stuff to a cart and so make multiple purchases of different items.

Although the new Pay per view plugin looks interesting. If its not just for content and can be utilised with downloadable content. But havent had a chance to have a look at that one yet.

Thanks for that anyway dude.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.