What's the best way for me to backup?

We have a MultiSite with 12 sites in it. According to the file manager, the wp-content directory is 20gb. That would take a long time even for us to zip and download directly from the server, so I assume that any plugin would have an even harder time. What do you suggest we do? If there's an automated way, how can we ensure that backups are made more regularly?

• Rupok

Hi jasonhunter,

Thanks for asking. For taking backups, you can try our Snapshot Pro plugin. This supports individual subsite backup feature. So you can actually split your big multisite into parts and I believe, that will facilitate this backup process.

Moreover, this plugin support scheduled backups. So you can make your backup process automated with Snapshot Pro.

You will get full usage guide of this plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/#product-usage

Regarding compressing your 20GB of media, I don't think it will be wise to include those files in your snapshot backup. Because each backup with consume another 20GB space on your server. Rather you can manually download your "wp-content" directory to your computer for safety. And compressing 20GB to a single file will most probably exceed your server resource capacity, I'm not sure though. You can talk to your host regarding this.

I believe, this will help. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.