What's the best way to collect names and emails for a beta?

Hello, I'd like to collect names and emails for a week or two before inviting those people to sign up for an account on my new MU setup. What is the best way to do that? Should I use the Mailchimp integration plugin that syncs users with MC or should I just have a vanilla MC signup form? Is there an advantage to having beta people sign up as an actual user before creating their site? For example, would it be easy to create a site for an existing user without them having to signup again?

So. Many. Questions. Thanks in advance!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Scott,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

For the email subscription you can go with MailChimp Integration Plugin as already mentioned or you can have a look at e-Newsletter plugin as that might also work for you pretty well :slight_smile:

Is there an advantage to having beta people sign up as an actual user before creating their site?

Well, this depends on what are you looking for from your site, if you can give me some more info I would be happy to share my opinion :slight_smile:

For example, would it be easy to create a site for an existing user without them having to signup again?

There is no need for users to create new account in order to create new site, they can do it with their existing account.
    Are you using Pro Sites plugin to sell sites or allowing simple site creation?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Scott,

I hope you're well today!

If you collect users' emails and names and sen them invitations they'll be able to register and signup for a site just like they "normally" would do.

If you let them register as users (without a site) to your WordPress they should be able to create their sites later. It all depends on settings you use however one way or another it shouldn't be an issue :slight_smile:

They'd just need to login using their logins and passwords, go to "My site" dashboard menu and user "Add new" button.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.