What's the difference between Pro Sites and Membership plugins? I have a site where visitors ca

What's the difference between Pro Sites and Membership plugins?

I have a site where visitors can only see the front page and then wherever they click I want t take them to the registration page. Once registered for free they can access the pages. And then I have a Member subscription for those who want to create their own blog on our platform. That last one is the only one they have to pay for (monthly).

• PC

Hello there,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Pro Sites and Membership plugins serve different purpose.

1: Pro sites lets you control the blog creation by creating different levels of pro sites and providing access to different plugins/themes hence offering indepth variations to your members for being able to create a site.

2: Membership on the other hand is used for restricting access however you can also use it to control site creation but it can not offer multi level support as prosites, i.e. the members will have no restrictions on the plugins they can or can't use on the sites they create.

Both the plugins are not designed to work together so you have to choose wisely. From what I see, if you just restrict the site creation to the free members, then you should use Membership plugin.

However, you can also choose a different approach. Use Pro Sites, offer a free trial of 14 days to all users after that if they make a payment, the site keeps working else its disabled.

That ways you will get more conversion.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• stephanepage

Thank you for the answer.

I don't need to limit plugins and support.

When visitors go to my site, I want them to see the home page and that's it. For them to access the content, they need to become free registered users.

Once they are registered, they can see everything. That's when they can become an affiliate of our company (one time $29.95). If they do, they are offered a replication of the website (through New Blog Template plugin) and they can blog on our platform ($7.95/month).

They too will get visitors to their site that is content blocked unless visitors become free registered users. And then their users can become their affiliates...

My issues are this right now...

1) When I send them to the registration page, I want to collect their name, email, phone and Avatar on registration. But all the plugins I've tried don't offer multisite registration page customization. Those who do are very complex to make them work or cost money without knowing if they'll do the job I need.

2) I'm mixed up with how to make the Membership or Pro Sites plugin work for the purpose explained earlier.

Is there anyone that can help set this up? If yes, how much would it cost?

Thank you for your help!

• PC

Hello Stephane,

Thanks for posting back.

That is not gonna be something simple to achieve just with the plugins out of the box.

When visitors go to my site, I want them to see the home page and that's it. For them to access the content, they need to become free registered users.

Membership plugin can control it.

Once they are registered, they can see everything. That's when they can become an affiliate of our company (one time $29.95). If they do, they are offered a replication of the website (through New Blog Template plugin) and they can blog on our platform ($7.95/month).

You can use Membership plugin to restrict access to the Affiliate feature and once they pay a membership fee, they will get access to the affiliate page. Again, something membership can do but you will have to create an access level which allows access to the affiliates page.

They too will get visitors to their site that is content blocked unless visitors become free registered users. And then their users can become their affiliates...

Something which you can try with New Blog Templates. Create a template blog using a subsite after configuring Membership plugin on it with a free subscription. however for the paid subscriptions, the subsite admins will need to use their own paypal account etc.

1) When I send them to the registration page, I want to collect their name, email, phone and Avatar on registration. But all the plugins I've tried don't offer multisite registration page customization. Those who do are very complex to make them work or cost money without knowing if they'll do the job I need.

Why don't you use Membership with BuddyPress extended profiles and see if that helps ?

2) I'm mixed up with how to make the Membership or Pro Sites plugin work for the purpose explained earlier.

Prosites is totally out of picture here. So you should use Membership plugin to control blog creation and allow only a level you want to be able to create site to register a blog.

Is there anyone that can help set this up? If yes, how much would it cost?

You can post a job requirement on our Job Board : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.