whats the difference between prosites with domain mapping and the WHMCS plugins?

id like to host free as well as paid hosting but am unsure which plugins would work better for me. the prosites with domain mapping or the WHMCS plugins.

• Alexander

Hi @airot87,

The biggest difference is that Pro Sites is a Wordpress plugin, and everything can be managed from within Wordpress. WHMCS on the other hand requires that you have a WHMCS license, and installation.

Here are the two main reasons you would want to use WHMCS:
    1. If you already have a web hosting business setup using WHMCS. You could easily add WHMCS Multisite Provisioning without changing any of how your business or billing works.

2. If you have a domain reseller account setup. WHMCS does allow you to sell domains with your products, while Pro Sites does not. So this is an advantage.

If you don't need WHMCS, I'd recommend just using Pro Sites, as it's a simpler process and everything takes place within your Wordpress dashboard. Be sure to checkout this article, as we show how Pro Sites can be used to run web hosting: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/web-hosting-design-business-wordpress-multisite/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.