What's the difference between WHMCS MU Provisioning & ProSites?

What's the difference between WHMCS MU Provisioning & Pro Sites?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

WHMCS:

WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses. Handling everything from signup to termination, WHMCS is a powerful business automation tool that puts you firmly in control

Its a third party solution which can handle domain name registration and hooks into cPanel, Plesk, WHMCSonic and many, many more control panels to provide hosting.

Our plugin, WHMCS MU Provisioning extends that to offer hosting within a WordPress Multisite environment.

It doesn't offer premium theme, plugins or feature updates for websites.

Pro Sites does offer premium theme, plugin and feature options.

There is no integration currently but in the future there will be, so both can play nice together and you can offer all Pro Sites whilst using the power of WHMCS.

Take care.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi y3kgeek!

The way i understand it is this.

WHMCS MU Provisioning <<Is for hosting; so if you do reseller hosting accounts it helps with billing and domain registrtation. You can find more out at this link, be sure to reade the details and usage tabs:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/

Pro Sites <<This more for offering different levels of your WP multisite instal. It will let you charge for themes and plugins, and offer some free serveice as well. You can read more about it at this link, be sure to read the details and usage tabs:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Once you read these documents you will understand both and beable to compare them. Thanks y3kgeek! Enjoy!

• jdsullivan411
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, so if I undertand. Prosites lets me sell packages of "blogging" sites (which is a misnomer, right since they can just use it as a site for their company or whatever), and I control the features they get based on the various account levels I set.

WHMCS MU Provisioning would allow me to sell full-fledged hosting accounts with WP installed, but the end user would be able to upload their own plugins, themes and such as I am already able to do in my WP installations.

What I am preparing to develop, would be similar to webs.com, with a free version with ads, and upgrade versions. I'd also like to see if either with this project or a separate domain a way to allow people to create an online portfolio.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Ok, so if I undertand. Prosites lets me sell packages of "blogging" sites (which is a misnomer, right since they can just use it as a site for their company or whatever), and I control the features they get based on the various account levels I set.

Correct

WHMCS MU Provisioning would allow me to sell full-fledged hosting accounts with WP installed, but the end user would be able to upload their own plugins, themes and such as I am already able to do in my WP installations.

You would need to do reseller hosting with this.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Just to add.

Our plugin doesn't create whole hosting account like cPanel, or its own WordPress site.

It simply provisions a site within WordPress Multisite. Just like signing up direct through WordPress.

The purpose of the plugin is to allow WHMCS owners to sell sites in WP. But anyone running a hosting business can benefit from WHMCS not just for setting things up but for on going billing, accounting, support, etc.

Take care.

• buntu4
    • New Recruit

If you had the Pro Sites set up on something like Amazon EC2, Would WHMCS MU Provisioning be able to work without having to set up with another reseller. In this case, Amazon EC2 being the reseller since you would be able to scale to unlimited of resources?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.