Under the video #13 for Digital products - and on the settings it talks about Downloadable or Externally Linked products.
What is the difference?
I have a document which I uploaded to the media files and used the URL in the product download.
What happens to the document in these two scenarios - the manual and videos are not clear.
1. It list a URL and there is an upload file button. (Do you just use one of these ie URL if the doc is already in the media folder?) or do you have to have both?
2. Please explain what the "Externally Linked products" means.
3. When are they meant to be used.
4. What format should the downloadable documents be in? (we use a lot of pdfs but market press doesn't seem to cater for those).
5. Where are externally linked products (eg on another site?) - and how is access restricted to it?
I have 5 downloads allowed. How does the download/external link work practically - for the user. Is either better?
We've tested paying for it and the payer gets the emails but the downloads don't happen.