What's the point of a user account in Marketpress?

Can you please clarify –

After testing –

1 – user accounts are not made directly to the sub-domain as if it were an independent site

2 – A user (buyer) has nothing to gain from a user account as there appears to be no order history, or much else, within their user panel any way?

Apologies, but I assumed there would be a customer account created when someone purchased from a store, (ie order history, etc), I do not appear to have this – can you tell me if there should be and if so how do I get this to work.

If not can you advise what the point of creating a user account is as I am somewhat confused.

Thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Stefanie,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

user accounts are not made directly to the sub-domain as if it were an independent site

I just noticed that this question is already being dealt with here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/subsite-register-directing-to-main-site

A user (buyer) has nothing to gain from a user account as there appears to be no order history, or much else, within their user panel any way?

Apologies, but I assumed there would be a customer account created when someone purchased from a store, (ie order history, etc), I do not appear to have this – can you tell me if there should be and if so how do I get this to work.

If not can you advise what the point of creating a user account is as I am somewhat confused.

A user account is used to save the shipping info. If a user is registered and checks out then when he comes back the shipping info will automatically be populated for him.

MarketPress creates additional fields in the user profiles and the address when provided on the shipping and billing page, it automatically saved in the profile and is fetched when he places his next order.

Attaching a few screenshots.

Cheers, PC

• Stefanie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi PC

Thanks for the reply.

So it does seem that the only convenience of an account is re-population of a couple of address fields.

I think the issue I am having with registration might be worth skipping as there isn’t really a great deal to gain from opening an account if there is nothing to look at in there, ie store credit card details for future payments, history order status, etc.

Are there any plans to incorporate order history/status in the future?

I was also wondering – I note from your screen shot that during the paypal checkout process, users are asked if they want to register an account.

I wonder if there is any way to add an affiliate referral reference to the paypal link and perhaps to any of the other gateways too.

I am signed up to the paypal referral programme, (although this may only be for new business accounts), but it could be a good opportunity to take advantage of this part of the checkout process to earn some commission off of the gateway providers.

Thanks once again

Stef

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.