What's this Style of Frontpage Presentation Called?

I’m very new to WordPress, and I know there is a name for the effect visible at, say, the homepage of circle.com where an image occupies all or almost all the visible portion of a page loaded upon initial load, but scrolling permits seeing more content (their site appears to do this all in HTML/CSS/JS so kudos to them). I’ve seen it in wordpress before, I’m trying to get the name of this effect/method of presentation (perhaps with the name of sections overlapping one another, perhaps not).

• J. Bulsterbaum
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Much thanks @vinod Dalvi, : )

You said “parallax” and “ding ding ding ding ding” sounded in my head. :slight_smile:

That said, are any of the wpmudev.org themse able to do this? My interest (to start) is this:

1. Set-up a page with a parallax home page, with the ability to arrange text, icons, fields/forms, etc., in a pleasing manner. (i.e. describe product/service)

2. Have sections for the rest of the site. My interests here:

_____a. Be able to blog.

_____b. Be able to set-up and run a store for both services and products, and both electronic and physical goods.

_____c. Be able to offer others editing access for their own participation (long-term), not just on a single blog, but in their own areas as well.

What I haven’t run into with WordPress (that I’m aware) is a site that does more than parallax+blog, I wouldn’t even mind running dual themes or learning how to run a theme-separate page that calls on components of wordpress/theme while using a separate theme for the rest of the site, simply adapting the color schemes to make the presentation and the rest of the site appear in harmony.

Sorry for the inundation but, as I said, “new guy” to this.

Regards,

John

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there John,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for your question.

I’m afraid we don’t currently have any Parralax themes, but I’ve taken a look around and found this theme http://themeforest.net/item/enfold-responsive-multipurpose-theme/4519990?WT.ac=search_thumb&WT.oss_phrase=parallax&WT.oss_rank=1&WT.z_author=Kriesi which may suit your requirements? :slight_smile:

We’re here to help. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.