When a service provider is set, busy times are only displayed for first service in dropdown.

I have Gcal set up to sync both ways, and it works.

As soon as I set a service provider for any service, busy times from Gcal only show for service #1. All other services show no busy times.

My Site

I have two service providers, and Google Calendar is set to add All appointments.

The calendar functions as it should if I remove the service providers.

How can we fix this?

• Jessica

I possibly figured out why. When adding an appointment in Google Calendar, it defaults my title to the notes of A+ and sets the Service and Service Provider in A+ itself. In the appointment i just added from Gcal, it defaulted to Service #1 and No Specific Provider (which I do not use and have disabled in working hours).

If A+ could assign just a Service Provider of my choosing when importing Gcal appointments, that would be great.

• PC

Hey there Jessica,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I tried to visit your site but the page is appearing all white. Can you kindly check on that ?

If A+ could assign just a Service Provider of my choosing when importing Gcal appointments, that would be great.

A+ allows each service provider to set its own gcal so that you do not face a situation like that.

So for each service provider you can select a separate integaration. Just set Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration to Yes under A+ >> Settings >> Gcal

Can you please try that and let me know how that goes ?

Cheers, PC

• Jessica

The site is fixed, A+ broke it somehow.

Both service providers are me, one is a dummy. The dummy uses the same Gcal as the default, and that is the only calendar to be used.

The only services displayed in the drop down are for the dummy provider, so I cannot see a reason that the services would show different busy times.

I really don't want to have to create and maintain a separate Gcal for a dummy provider, especially when it's in the settings to show all appointments.

It appears to be a problem with how Gcal events are interpreted when imported. In the code there is a comment that the Service ID doesn't matter, but it appears that it does since that's the only one that's working.

When Gcal events are imported, if there is code that will assign it a worker ID that's all I believe I need for it to work.

Thanks.

• PC

Hey there Jessica,

Thanks for posting back,

As far as gcal integration is concerned, if you are the main provider, the dummies assigned to you are busy on the times you are busy and they are free when you are free.

So if you want to use gCal integration, its best you use gCal for your main account i.e. the main service provider and then the dummies will only be busy when the main provider is busy.

If you want the same busy times to display for both your service providers, then you will need to add a gCal integration using their profile. So login to your site using the Dummy account and then set up integration using the same Google account. That should help set the same busy times.

Can you kindly check that and make sure that you have setup the gCal for the main provider and not a dummy provider ?

BTW, I just checked the link again and the available times are working fine and I hope your bookings are not getting impacted due to this.

Cheers, PC

• Jessica

I have set up gcal for my main admin account. When that didn't work I also set up the same gcal on the dummy account. All of the options in the dropdown are set to the same provider (dummy), so they should have the same times. This is not working, and is currently not working, so I don't know what you're seeing.

All imported events (which are all there are right now) are assigned the title "General Cleaning" by provider "Our Staff" and that's why they're showing busy under General Cleaning in the dropdown, but the other aren't since that's not their title or provider.

If the provider can be changed in the code, that's all I need to do.

Currently times appearing busy should be Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Check them all, only General Cleaning is showing busy.

Long story short, my calendars are set up correctly, I need to change the code and I don't know php.

• PC

Hey there Jessica,

Thanks for posting back.

I think I might be missing something so I have called in my colleague @Patrick Cohen on this thread so that we can have an extra pair of eyes.

The time which is set as busy for one service provider will be shown as unavailable for the Dummies assigned to the main service provider. As they rely on the main provider for the booking slots.

Lets see if Patrick has anything else to suggest or if I am missing something out of confusion.

Cheers, PC

• Jessica

Ok.

With General Cleaning chosen in the drop down, click on June 1. It's busy after 10am. That event was imported from Gcal.

Choose any other service from the drop down and click on June 1. It shows as available all day.

All services in the drop down are assigned to one particular dummy provider, INCLUDING General Cleaning.

My problem is that General Cleaning is the only one showing busy times imported from Gcal.

Make sense how it's broken? Busy times from imported events are only showing for General Cleaning even though it has the same provider using the same Gcal as the other services.

• PC

Hey there Jessica,

Thanks for posting back.

My problem is that General Cleaning is the only one showing busy times imported from Gcal.

Make sense how it's broken? Busy times from imported events are only showing for General Cleaning even though it has the same provider using the same Gcal as the other services.

That makes the perfect sense to me now. Sorry for the confusion before.

Can you kindly enable the staff access after updating your Appointments+ plugin to the latest version so that I can check the settings and discuss this internally ?

You can enable support access via :

WordPress Dashboard >> WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access >> Grant Access.

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hey there Jessica,

Thanks for posting back.

I have had a closer look and it seems to be an issue with the calendar setup and I would like to double check and test that using my calendar. I will remove your calendar details and test that with mine, if that is alright as I am not able to see the same issue on my lab site. The busy slots for main providers also are shown as busy for the dummies.

I will need to have a closer look at your site with more details.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

• Jessica

It has been 1 week since I've followed the above instructions and 3 weeks since the original post. I am still sure this is not a difficult problem and that the solutions I have asked for would work. Are we any closer to a resolution? If not, I am giving up on this plugin and finding something else. If this one worked the way it is supposed to it would be exactly what I want, but alas, it's not. And no help seems to be forthcoming.

• Patrick

Hi there @Jessica

Please accept my apologies for the extreme delay on this ticket. With the sheer number of tickets we deal with on a daily basis, unfortunately some do slip through the cracks.

I've notified @Mac that you are still waiting for his assistance on this. He should be dropping in here sooner than later.

Once again, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We will do our utmost to regain your confidence. :slight_smile:

• Scott

Hello, I was actually having this same problem and have resolved it. Are you setting up gCal integration using both the Appointments settings and on a service provider? If you are, disable the integration between the appointments + plugin (on the settings), and make sure to set it up on your service provider. This should allow you to book through gCal and block off all services, as long as your service provider integrating with gCal is used for all services.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.