When a time is selected for an appointment, the customer information area appears below the calendar

The information fields extend down below the footer and the bottom of the website. It should expand the page to whatever amount of space is needed. How do I get it to do that? Thanks for help.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just checked the page http://centralvisionclinicplano.com/scheduler-2 and found there is some JavaScript code in your theme or in any plugin which is applying height 787px to #content div.

You can just check using default WordPress theme like Twenty Twelve and if it works fine then the script is in your current theme theme1623 and if problem persists then try deactivating all plugin one by one except Appointments + to find which plugin is causing problem.

For a temporary solution on it, you can just add following CCS code in your site from the menu Admin -> Appearance -> Custom Styling after installing this plugin http://jetpack.me/support/custom-css/

.page-template-default #content.maxheight {
    height: auto !important
    }

Best Regards,

• Earl

Hello again,

I am writing initially to address this particular email stream but have several issues that are not resolved and would like to address them all together in one stream and hopefully at one time so that I can move on and complete the website. I feel like we are just going in circles, discussing the details of what individual pieces of code will do. Instead, I need you to focus on the big picture of what I'm trying to accomplish, offer tactical/conceptual (big picture) ideas on how to accomplish my goal, and then finally provide specific code or control panel details on how to make it happen. As I describe what I want to accomplish, please think about the various ways your product can accommodate my goals (there may often be more than one way to accomplish goal), and then reply to each of the ACTION ITEMS listed throughout and let me know what to do.

PROBLEM 1: Regarding this string... As I do not see a previous reply I made to this string listed here, I'll ask again.

BACKGROUND- You indicated that you do not know where the code is that is giving the appointment page a 787 height. I have searched all the files that I have access to and do not find that page height. I have also deactivated all plugins except the WPMU dashboard and your Market Press plugin (which wasn't even installed when this problem started). So the page height code cannot be from some other plugin. Also, I do not want a "temporary solution" as you offered via Jetpack.

ACTION ITEM: Will you please escalate this problem to someone who is very, very familiar with the file structure and coding of A+ to see if he/she can identify a place where the page height of 787 is in the code and prohibiting the page with the calendar on it from expanding to accommodate the space required by the appointment form?

If no one knows where that code is, then I need help with a work-around or any other method. For example, I suggested giving the form a solid color background (right now it is transparent) and re-positioning it higher on the page over the top of the calendar, which does not need to be seen while filling out the form. Or you may have some other work-around. I don't care what the solution is, I just want the problem solved, so please escalate this as necessary. Thank you.

Problem 2
    This is regarding our email string at... https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/problems-with-my-appointments-feature-of-appointments?replies=10#post-554601

The big picture is that I do NOT understand how your product is supposed to address my objectives. Once you understand what I'm trying to accomplish, I am sure that you will be able to provide me with directions of what to do so that it is all working properly.

BACKGROUND: I want patients to be able to go to the A+ plugin and select a day and a time for their appointment. (this seems to work fine) Then they are prompted for some personal information (other than the page height problem just discussed, this seems to work ok). Then I expect that the patient would be sent an email confirming their appointment date and time. Now, no one else would be able to book the same date and time slot for the same service. (this too is working okay).

It's at this point that the problems begin.

A) First issue.
    BACKGROUND: You tell me that the test appointments I made are listed as "removed." And that's why they weren't showing up in the MyAppointments feature. I changed the argument as you suggested and now they show up. But the problem is not solved as we still have the issue of why the appointments were categorized as "removed." How would they have been given that status? All I did was create an appointment (from a different computer, not logged into WP). After that, I could not have removed them, as at that time, I was not seeing any appointments listed in the MyAppointments feature. It looks like new appointments are automatically being given a "removed" status instead of an "pending" status of some sort. Even the test appointments you made have a removed status. This just can't be right.

ACTION ITEMS: I need to know how these test appointments received a "Removed" status, and what to do to prevent this from happening again. I'm expecting that the argument should only be set to see "pending" appointments.

Second Issue:
    BACKGROUND- after changing the argument to see removed appointments, I now see test appointments show up in MyAppointments feature. However, neither of the two appointments you made show up here. I only see them in the WP control panel. Whats more, I would expect that the doctor and his staff should be able to click on any of the appointments and be taken to a window or popup or something that would show me the patient's information. This does not happen.

ACTION ITEM: How does the doctor and his staff conveniently see patient info like phone # or comments, etc. about each person per appointment without going into the WP control panel? Do I need to put shortcode on some page somewhere? I do NOT want patients to have access to this information. Please explain exactly what I need to do to activate this feature as I'm sure this information must be available.

Third Issue
    BACKGROUND: You told me to add the provider=1 argument to the MyAppointments app, which I did. It is my understanding that this would then show appointments to the doctor and staff only. This is not the case. When I go to another computer and not logged into WP (so as a patient) the My Appointments list still shows up for me as patient with appointments for doctor and staff listed. Why would any provider want patients/customers to see all of the provider's appointments? Or if I set augment for provider=0, why would I want patients to see a list of all the other patient appointments? I would expect that patients can only see their own appointments (which I assume requires some kind of patient log in?), and doctor/staff can see all appointments. Maybe that's what your application does and I'm just not understanding, so please explain.

ACTION ITEMS: Please tell me exactly how to set things up to accommodate all of the following criteria.... a) doctor/staff can see all appointments (they must be able to see each other's appts.) Does this require logging in somewhere? If so, where? And how do I set this up? b) patients can ONLY see their own appointments. Does this require them logging in somewhere? If so, where? And how do I set this up? However, I don't want to force them to log in. If they do not log in, then I want patients to see no appointments.

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but to be honest, your company does not provide very complete manuals. They focus on the details and never explain how the details all fit together to accomplish common big-picture objectives (at least I haven't seen this kind of information in all the time I've spent looking around your website). The only way your product will be of any use to me is if someone takes the time to explain what A+ CAN do and then how/where to apply the details such as short codes to accomplish that feature goal.

Again, thank you for your help. If this is too much for you, then please get someone else in your support department involved to respond to some of my questions. But please stress that I need complete instructions, i.e. where to go, what to do and what to expect from it.

I greatly appreciate your help,

Earl

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

PROBLEM 1: Regarding this string... As I do not see a previous reply I made to this string listed here, I'll ask again.

BACKGROUND- I have searched all the files that I have access to and do not find that page height. I have also deactivated all plugins except the WPMU dashboard and your Market Press plugin.

Have you checked using default WordPress theme like Twenty Twelve as i have suggested in last reply.

ACTION ITEM: Will you please escalate this problem to someone who is very, very familiar with the file structure and coding of A+ to see if he/she can identify a place where the page height of 787 is in the code and prohibiting the page with the calendar on it from expanding to accommodate the space required by the appointment form?

The code is not in A+ plugin as we have tested it with WordPress default theme and it's working fine. I think there is some code in your theme theme1623 which is causing the height to applied on #content div for pages having default template set e.g. http://centralvisionclinicplano.com/blog. The height is not static, it's dynamic which is different for page to page.

Problem 2
    A) First issue.

It is answered here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/problems-with-my-appointments-feature-of-appointments?replies=10#post-555260

Second Issue:
    BACKGROUND- after changing the argument to see removed appointments, I now see test appointments show up in MyAppointments feature. However, neither of the two appointments you made show up here. I only see them in the WP control panel.

The shortcode [app_my_appointments] only displays appointments of currently logged in user. To see all appointments in front end use [app_all_appointments] shortcode same as [app_my_appointments] shortcode.

How does the doctor and his staff conveniently see patient info like phone # or comments, etc. about each person per appointment without going into the WP control panel? Do I need to put shortcode on some page somewhere?

I'm afraid that no, this is best administered via the dashboard. On the frontend of your site only minimal information is displayed, primarily for informational purposes.

Third Issue
    ACTION ITEMS: Please tell me exactly how to set things up to accommodate all of the following criteria.... a) doctor/staff can see all appointments (they must be able to see each other's appts.) Does this require logging in somewhere? If so, where? And how do I set this up? b) patients can ONLY see their own appointments. Does this require them logging in somewhere? If so, where? And how do I set this up? However, I don't want to force them to log in. If they do not log in, then I want patients to see no appointments.

You can create different user roles for doctor / staff / patient and as i have told you earlier use this plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ to assign different access levels to them then just wrap this shortcode [app_my_appointments] in access level shortcode created for patient so that it will be only available for patient and they will only see their own appointments.
    Wrap this shortcode [app_all_appointments] in access level shortcode created for doctor / staff so that it will be only available for doctor / staff and they will see all appointments.

Cheers.

• Earl

Hello,

Regarding the problem with the 787px page height. I do not want to use the 2012 theme as you suggest. I have already spent many many hours building out the theme I am using and don't want to start over. Plus, I have contacted the developer of the theme and they tell me that their theme does not contain that particular code,. They are pointing the finger at WPMU Dev for these reasons: 1) your plugin is generating the My_Appointments page that is in question, so it must be something your plugin is doing; 2) your page is the only page that dynamic height is not working on.

So I'm tired of the finger pointing and just want to move on to look for another solution.

We all know that there is more than one way to solve a problem or accomplish a goal. And as WPMU Dev markets itself as being my "Word Press team." I expect that someone in your company should be able to help me find another solution if finding the source of the 787px height has become a dead end. I have already asked a couple times about getting help from you or anyone else in your organization to come up with a work-around. I have suggested getting your help to show me how to give the patient form a solid color background and re-position the form up higher on the page over the calendar area, or asked you to suggest some other work-around (like maybe putting the form on another page? whatever?). But you have never responded to my request for this help and just keep telling me that it's not your code. I don't care whose code it is. I just want help solving my problem.

Please help me solve this issue, and escalate this to someone who can help if necessary. Thank you.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

I don't force you to use 2012 theme, i am just telling you to switch to 2012 theme for testing purpose and it's not happening only on A+ pages as i have said earlier the height is also applying on the page http://centralvisionclinicplano.com/blog which doesn't have any A+ functionality.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send info through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include any relevant login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

Kind Regards,

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

Thanks for sending me details.

I checked your theme theme1623 code for JavaScript which is causing to apply height and found it in the theme file theme1623 \js\equalheight.js

To restrict this code from applying height on page http://www.centralvisionclinicplano.com/scheduler-2 , just remove maxheight class from #content div in page.php theme file as following.
    Before Editing:
    <div id="content" class="grid_24 maxheight ...
    After Editing:
    <div id="content" class="grid_24 ...

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.