When Activate Comments + some other plugins stop working

When i activate the plugin (Comments +) it seems to trigger some kind of jquery issue that stops some of my site stuff to load.

For example, the form located in http://www.institutoilpa.com/postulacion wont load if Comments + is activated.

Thanks for your help

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @Cultiva Tus Ideas,

Is it enabled at mo?

I do see quite a few errors in the console when I press ctrl+shift+J in my browser.

Mainly with the otw plugin though and a missing css file, but there's an FB init error which could cause issues as you only need FB.init once on a page.

If you could activate the plugin so we can take a look whilst it's active?

Thanks

• Cultiva Tus Ideas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I surely can do that, but the problem is, when i activate it, a very important form wont get loaded, and this is a live site.

Now the plugin is active, i hope you dont take too long :slight_smile:

(you can check the form in http://www.institutoilpa.com/postulacion and also in any other page of the site, by clicking in the green tab you'll find in the upper left corner).

I granted you access via WPMUdev dashboard plugin too.

Thanks a lot, sorry for the rush!!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

The only difference I see in the console on this from before is an uncaught exception in script.min.js.

JS isn't my expertise though, but let me just flag one of our developers to see if he can help debug this for you. Hopefully he should respond shortly, but could take a little longer than usual.

It's ok to deactivate in the mean time.

Thanks

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there I was looking into this issue, I think I can see a bunch of JS scripts loading on your site. I will need access to test and find out which one is causing the conflicts with comments+

Can you please send in

- Mark to my attention - Attn: Jude Rosario

- Link back to this thread
    - Include WP-Admin/Network access
    - Include cPanel/WHM (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include MySQL root username and password (if no PHPMyAdmin)
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

We should have this resolved in no time :slight_smile:

Cheers

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there I was looking into this issue, I think I can see a bunch of JS scripts loading on your site. I will need access to test and find out which one is causing the conflicts with comments+

Can you please send in

- Mark to my attention - Attn: Jude Rosario

- Link back to this thread
    - Include WP-Admin/Network access
    - Include cPanel/WHM (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include MySQL root username and password (if no PHPMyAdmin)
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

We should have this resolved in no time :slight_smile:

Cheers

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @Cultiva Tus Ideas,

Sorry this took way longer than expected. I finally was able to zero in on the conflicts. The FaceBook plugin and the OpenGraph plugins you use are the reason this JS conflict takes place.

The issue is FB::init() is already called before Comments + activates. I see that you have already setup and are using both plugins a lot so I disabled Comments + again.

Comments + has options to operate in a non conflicting way, but the other plugin does not support this behaviour so you may need to ask the developers to write a patch for this.

Hope this helped and sorry again for the extreme delay

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.