when activated

Hi, when activated Hustle doesn't work with my theme TagDiv's NewsMag. I have also tried it on another site I run, using TagDiv's Newspaper. Clearly it is an issue with the theme, as Hustle works on two other of my sites. Can you provide me any insight which I can relay to the folks at TagDiv? Thanks.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Raymond Ringston,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us!

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this? As this is a premium theme that I don't have access to it, I can't reproduce any error messages.

What's the issue here and what doesn't work exactly?

I can see that this is a live site, could it be possible to grant us support access in order to see whichever issue in action? For doing so, you only need our "WPMUDEV Dashboard" plugin. More details can be found here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there,

there should be some PHP errors there, behind the white screen. :wink:
    Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by activating Hustle. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I can see some errors that comes from Hustle plugin alone but I still can't replicate such state.

How did you installed Hustle? Could you please try to delete it, download the .zip file from here and re-installed it?

You've mentioned that this is happening in another install with the same theme, could you please try to deactivate all other plugins and give Hustle another try? Just in case there's another plugin conflicting here.

I look forward for your results!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there,

Hi, Are you trying to replicate it on my site? I currently have all plugins deactivated, except for Hustle. Nothing but a white screen.

No I haven't conducted any test or tried to replicate this issue in your site.
    Thanks for trying the plugin deactivation though.

How about the Hustle installation I ask you for? Could you please try to delete and re-install and activate Hustle once more?

How did you installed Hustle? Could you please try to delete it, download the .zip file from here and re-installed it?

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

That's rather unfortunate! :slight_frown:

May I have a copy of your theme to try to replicate this in my test install?
    You can upload it a service like Dropbox and send me over the download link via email as this is a public forum, well-indexed by Google. Simply use our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - Dropbox link with your theme
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

I just used your theme in a test installation and I was able to install and activate Hustle as well! :thinking:

This has to do with your installation now. It seems from the error log that upon Hustle activation, it tries to get some meta data from "optin_id=1". Have you ever before managed to create an opt-in via Hustle in this installation?

Could you please access your DB and check the records for wp_optins and wp_optin_meta tables? (please keep in mind that your tables may have another prefix than wp_)

If there're any data in there and you are sure that you don't need them anymore:
    1. access your server via FTP and delete Hustle plugin folder
    2. delete the aforementioned DB tables
    3. re-install Hustle via WPMUDEV Dashboard

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.