When adding a short code where all do I have to make changes.

I want to add a short code for suggested MSRP. Where all do I have to make changes to the code and how do I prevent overwrite when a new update comes out?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

You mean you want a custom meta field?

And then you want to include that through a shortcode?

If that's the case then you'll want to start with CustomPress:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/

Create a custom field and then include it in your theme where you need. The plugin gives instruction but if you need more help with that plugin please open a thread.

If you don't wish to use the CustomPress plugin the you'll need to do some extra custom coding to get a new field for MSRP. You'd need a developer for that.

Take care.

• Larsman

No I do not mean a custom meta field. In Market press you have a field for Price on the products page. Well that works well and good If that is the only price information that is relevant to the product being sold.

In my case I am selling wholesale so my suggested retail price is also relevant both for making a suggestion for my customers and for non members who come to the site to learn more about the products the retailers are selling.

I am aware that it is not included in the current release of the plugin and so I am asking where all do I need to edit in the current version to make the changes myself.

• Timothy Bowers

In my case I am selling wholesale so my suggested retail price is also relevant both for making a suggestion for my customers and for non members who come to the site to learn more about the products the retailers are selling.

I am aware that it is not included in the current release of the plugin and so I am asking where all do I need to edit in the current version to make the changes myself.

I told you, you could use CustomPress to do this for you. It will let you make a custom meta field.

MarketPress is a custom post type and CustomPress will let you make custom fields for custom post types and default post types as well actually.

If you don't wish to do this dynamically you'll need to dig into the code of MarketPress to custom code it yourself.

Using CustomPress you only need to edit your theme to include the embed if you need it in a specific location.

No I do not mean a custom meta field.

Seem from your description you do? Maybe I'm still not understanding?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Fields

If so then please elaborate further. Perhaps you need to hide the normal price field for selected roles or something and only MRRP shows when logged out?

Hope that clarifies.

Take care.

• Patrick

Hi @larsman

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.