When attempting to go to customize products in my store, the dreaded 404 error comes up.

When attempting to go to customize products in my store, the dreaded 404 error comes up.

I am using WooCommerce and the assigned "products" plugins. WooCommerce said that I needed this plug in (WPMU DEV) in order to create variations for products in my store; however it doesn't appear to be working.

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Elizabeth!

Welcome to the WPMU DEV community, we're glad you're here.

Chances are, you may just need to re-save your permalinks to make the 404 errors go away. To do this, go to Settings > Permalinks on your admin dashboard, then make sure you're using a "pretty" permalink, which is pretty much any permalink structure except the default. "Post name" is a good choice for almost every situation, so if you're currently using the default permalink structure, switch to post name, then hit save. If you're already using a "pretty" format, just hit save.

As for Woo Commerce saying you need one of our plugins to get product variations, I'd love to know a little more. Did they say you needed our Dashboard plugin? None of our plugins are required for Woo Commerce's product variations to work. As far as I know, that's an out-of-the-box feature they offer. I'm more than happy to help you get Woo set up, however.

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.