When client pays for Pro Site membership, they keep getting redirected to Pro Site signup page.

I have a signup page here https://trsorg.com/trs-member/

Once a user (that does not have a Pro site level yet (free) but already has a site and is a user on our system), successfully pays with a credit card, when they try to login to their wp-admin area they keep getting redirected to the page above (trs-member).

If I "extend" their plan manually for 1 month, it then allows them to login.

Here is the log from their account in Pro Sites:
2013-01-01 11:06:33 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
2013-01-01 11:06:28 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until January 1, 2013.
2013-01-01 11:06:27 pm Stripe webhook "invoice.payment_succeeded" received: The $0.00 payment was successfully received. Date: "January 1, 2013", Charge ID "ch_XXX"
2013-01-01 11:06:26 pm Stripe webhook "customer.subscription.created" received: Customer ID: cus_XXX
2013-01-01 11:06:25 pm Stripe webhook "invoice.created" received: Customer ID: cus_XXX
2013-01-01 11:06:24 pm Stripe webhook "charge.succeeded" received: Customer ID: cus_XXX
2013-01-01 11:06:23 pm Signup success email sent to xxx@xxx.com
2013-01-01 11:06:22 pm User creating new subscription via CC: Subscription created (Trinity Renewal Systems Organization TRS Member: $200.00 USD each month) - Customer ID: cus_XXX

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

On one that was setup today:

After they have paid, in their Pro Sites profile they are set to: Expired Pro Site.

Under that it says:
    Pro Site privileges expired on: January 3, 2013
    Previous Level: 0 -
    Previous Payment Gateway: Stripe

Their Pro Sites profile Subscription Information is as follows:

Stripe Customer ID: cus_XXX
    Payment Method: Visa Card ending in XXXX. Expires X/2013
    Last Payment Date: January 3, 2013
    Last Payment Amount: $200.00
    Last Payment Invoice ID: in_XXX
    Next Payment Date: February 3, 2013

When they login to wp-admin, they are redirected to trs-member and they have this :

Payment Method: Visa Card ending in XXXX. Expires X/2013
    Next Payment Date: February 3, 2013

But their level is not listed and the Cancel Subscription button is just text, not a button like it is when you are actually a Pro Site.

In their cancellations and refunds areas, they all show they paid $200. But in the log it shows the invoice was for $0.00:

2013-01-03 7:53:53 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2013-01-03 7:53:52 pm Stripe webhook "invoice.created" received: Customer ID: cus_XXX
    2013-01-03 7:53:51 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until January 3, 2013.
    2013-01-03 7:53:50 pm Stripe webhook "invoice.payment_succeeded" received: The $0.00 payment was successfully received. Date: "January 3, 2013", Charge ID "ch_XXX"
    2013-01-03 7:53:49 pm Stripe webhook "customer.subscription.created" received: Customer ID: cus_XXX
    2013-01-03 7:53:48 pm Stripe webhook "charge.succeeded" received: Customer ID: cus_XXX
    2013-01-03 7:53:47 pm Signup success email sent to xxx@xxx.com
    2013-01-03 7:53:46 pm User creating new subscription via CC: Subscription created (Trinity Renewal Systems Organization TRS Member: $200.00 USD each month) - Customer ID: cus_XXX

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Geurk Happy New Year!

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that it appears that you are having an issue between the Stripe gateway and your WordPress installation.

I admit that the reports/logs you sent are above my area of expertise.

With that being the case I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• krodak2
    • New Recruit

Just wanted to add that I am having this exact same issue with my site using Pro Sites and Stripe. I'm only running test transactions, but the symptoms are exactly the same as Geurk described. I tried disabling all other plug-ins, and re-installing Pro Sites but nothing seems to be working.

• Aaron
    • CTO

It showed as a "The $0.00 payment was successfully received." for you too? In your Stripe account how much was the successful payment for?

Can you check your DB for the pro_sites_stripe_customers global table, and whether it has the associated cus_XXX customer id and blogid in it? Also check your error logs for any php or db errors?

• krodak2
    • New Recruit

Yes, it shows the "$0.00 payment was successfully received" (copied below). In my Stripe account it does show the $19.00 payment, which is correct. I checked the DB and the customer id and blog id are both correct in the pro_sites_stripe_customers global table. I'm not sure where I can check error logs?

2013-01-08 4:04:57 am Pro Site level downgraded from "Basic" to "".
    2013-01-08 4:04:56 am Pro Site status expiration extended until January 23, 2013.
    2013-01-08 4:04:55 am Stripe webhook "invoice.payment_succeeded" received: The $0.00 payment was successfully received. Date: "January 8, 2013", Charge ID "ch_141hpsMdTGT2xL"
    2013-01-08 4:04:54 am Stripe webhook "customer.subscription.created" received: Customer ID: cus_141hFWm82voX9i
    2013-01-08 4:04:53 am Stripe webhook "invoice.created" received: Customer ID: cus_141hFWm82voX9i
    2013-01-08 4:04:50 am Signup success email sent to
    2013-01-08 4:04:48 am User creating new subscription via CC: Subscription created (Contractor Hero Basic: $19.00 USD each month) - Customer ID: cus_141hFWm82voX9i
    2013-01-08 4:03:00 am Pro Site status expiration extended until January 23, 2013.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Geurk,

Thank you for your additional input and we have not forgotten about you or the issues that you reported.

I will go ahead and ping @Aaron that you have indeed posted new information which should help him dig in to determine what is possibly causing this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hey guys, I've tried really hard but have been unable to recreate your issues. One thing I have in mind is that perhaps your plans are not synced to live.

Go the the levels settings in pro sites, and change something minor, even a space in a level name etc. Save, then change it back and save if you want. This will force a resync of the pro site levels to Stripe.

If that doesn't fix you problem, then I will need you to paste the content of the invoice.payment_succeeded event/webhook. You can find this under "Events & Webhooks", after selecting that event from the list, scroll to the bottom where you can copy the webhook "Request:".

Thanks!

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Aaron-

I checked and my levels are synced to live.

Here is the request:

{
    "type": "invoice.payment_succeeded",
    "pending_webhooks": 1,
    "object": "event",
    "created": 1358779781,
    "livemode": true,
    "id": "evt_1941MbJlm2xtme",
    "data": {
    "object": {
    "closed": true,
    "paid": true,
    "currency": "usd",
    "attempted": true,
    "attempt_count": 0,
    "next_payment_attempt": null,
    "charge": "ch_1941ZAHDifnBNN",
    "lines": {
    "count": 1,
    "object": "list",
    "url": "/v1/invoices/in_1941JF5O0iPet6/lines",
    "data": [
    {
    "type": "subscription",
    "period": {
    "end": 1361458178,
    "start": 1358779778
    },
    "amount": 20000,
    "quantity": 1,
    "object": "line_item",
    "proration": false,
    "id": "su_1941808xc20cef",
    "plan": {
    "interval_count": 1,
    "amount": 20000,
    "trial_period_days": null,
    "object": "plan",
    "interval": "month",
    "name": "TRS Member: Monthly",
    "id": "1_1"
    },
    "description": null
    }
    ]
    },
    "amount_due": 20000,
    "discount": null,
    "subtotal": 20000,
    "object": "invoice",
    "period_start": 1358779778,
    "starting_balance": 0,
    "customer": "cus_1941bBVAQ3btp8",
    "total": 20000,
    "period_end": 1358779778,
    "date": 1358779778,
    "ending_balance": 0,
    "id": "in_1941JF5O0iPet6"
    }
    }
    }

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The ones that signed up did not have any status, and they sign up for a member plan (I only have one plan that allows monthly or yearly).

I will be signing up another customer tomorrow and will then document the outcome.

-g

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Geurk,

I will ping the Chief of this plugin and lead developer @Aaron in here since you have indeed replied with more helpful information in which I know we want to get to the bottom of this bizarre occurrence.

Hopefully he will be able to make it in here sooner then later while making his rounds.

In any event, have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm in the same boat as Jeff. The results are always the same on each and every pro site. Also, if I extend their pro site for a month, when their recurring billing occurs they get their pro site status withdrawn so I have to extend it for another month.

Just let us know if you need a temp admin account/etc and I'll send it along. Just need an email address or something to send it to.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gentlemen,

Thank you for your patience while our lead developer works on trying to figure out why this issue persists for you folks and I am chiming in to let you know he has not forgotten about you nor the issue at hand.

Thanks again for your demonstrated patience.

Sincerely, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gentlemen,

Just touching base with you to let you know that we have not forgotten about you nor the reported issue and Aaron is working on a solution as we all know.

I have full faith that he will indeed figure it out.

Thank you for your kind patience.

Cheers, Joe

• jeff@thecodingpit.com
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

To be honest, since this hasn't been resolved we have had to go with paypal and since we want users to have the option of using a cc as well as paypal we opted for paypal payments pro ($30/mo) + get the server PCI compliant (free - Arvixe) and get an SSL ($26/yr) once this bug is fixed we are planning to go back to Stripe. Just an unfortunate series of hurdles to get there....

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I can give WP admin access, mysql access, FTP access, whatever to get this resolved as well. Currently I am having to manually extend each subscriber's pro status each month. Otherwise, when their payment day arrives, they lose their subscriber status and can login to WP admin. This is an important plugin/solution for us too.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gentlemen,

I will alert the lead developer @Aaron that you both have volunteered to allow him access to your installations to test out the anomaly first hand.

Thank you for your patience while our lead developer works this through to resolve the reported issue.

Sincerely, Joe

• marc_drescher
    • Flash Drive

I believe I am having similar issue.When user upgrades looks like payment is successful but site does not get upgraded and Account History shows " The $0.00 payment was successfully received".

I am also willing to share admin access if needed.

2013-03-09 5:23:07 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until March 9, 2013.
    2013-03-09 5:23:06 pm Stripe webhook "invoice.payment_succeeded" received: The $0.00 payment was successfully received. Date: "March 9, 2013", Charge ID xxx
    2013-03-09 5:23:05 pm Stripe webhook "invoice.created" received: Customer ID: xxx
    2013-03-09 5:23:04 pm Stripe webhook "customer.subscription.created" received: Customer ID:xxx
    2013-03-09 5:23:01 pm Stripe webhook "charge.succeeded" received: Customer ID: xxx
    2013-03-09 5:22:16 pm Signup success email sent to xxx
    2013-03-09 5:22:15 pm User creating new subscription via CC: Subscription created (RelayBuilder Test: $1.00 USD every 12 months) - Customer ID: xxx

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marc_drescher,

Thank you for the additional input and information which is certainly appreciated.

I am sure the lead developer will be along soon and this additional information may indeed shed some light as to what is going on with Pro Sites and the Stripe gateway.

Thank you for your patience as our lead developer works through this.

Cheers, Joe

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, I really need a fix for this as soon as possible. I have offered logins for my Wordpress site if need be. Currently, on recurring payments, I am having to extend their membership each month that they pay. Every payment a pro site gets, the amount shows as 0 and their pro status expires.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Geurk,

I am sorry that this item is taking a bit to resolve due to difficulty replicating the issue but be rest assured the lead developer will not have given up on a coding solution or trying to figure out why this is happening.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to dig in to this and try to figure out why this is happening. Agreed this is urgent to get resolved for obvious reasons.

I will send another flag over to the lead developer @Aaron making sure this does not get away form him and remains fresh in his mind for resolution.

Sincerely, Joe

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I would like to, again, offer a login to whatever is necessary on my system to resolve this issue. Currently, when each client's recurring payment occurs, I have to go into Pro Sites and extend their subscription for another month as the bug demotes them to an unpaid subscription level after a successful payment is received (due to the fact that Pro Sites log says that the payment was for $0).

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really would like to see some movement on this issue as soon as possible. I do believe I get a lot of my subscription through WPMU, but waiting over 3 months for some progress is frustrating.

This is definitely a bug, because other users (jeff and marc) are experiencing the exact same issue. We have all extended an invitation to login to our admin areas. So, no need to "recreate the problem" on your end. Simply take one of us up on using our systems to troubleshoot.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Geurk,

Thank you for your demonstrated patience and if there were anything more that I could do to address this issue - it would be done but this as evidenced by the lead developers input is a coding item that we cannot replicate.

That is the trouble with this one and therefore we are almost at a stand still regarding this item.

The only thing I can possibly think of at this point is if it is in sandbox mode? Or more accurately No SSL (Testing) mode? If so have you tried Force SSL (Live site)?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Geurk
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have it in Force SSL (Live Site) mode, and I am using live API keys. I have my web hook correctly setup, and it is using an https URL. The systems are most definitely communicating as I am getting log output on both the plugin on my site and the Stripe account. I have tried each thing that has been posted in this thread as well as other threads that look similar to this issue.

What I, and others, have been stating is that there is no need for you to recreate this issue on your end. As multiple people are having the same exact issue, is it not possible for your lead developer to login to our system(s) and troubleshoot from there? I can give whatever temporary access is necessary to resolve this problem. This isn't an isolated issue that only I am experiencing. At least two others have described the exact same issue. If you'd like, we can even schedule a desktop-sharing session and I will log the developer into an SSH session into my server if he needs more access than a wp-admin account.

This plugin is one of the main reasons I keep my WPMU account. I use other plugins, sure, but none of them make me money like this one does. So this plugin is the only one that makes it realistic to keep my subscription.

Please have the lead developer contact me or one of the others having this issue and we will give him access to anything he needs to troubleshoot the problem. I guarantee if he resolves the issue on one of our systems, it will be the same fix to resolve the issue on the other client sites.

• Fox Jones

Not sure if this is related, or intended.

It appears as though the subscription is being marked in Stripe as "trialing" even though I have the free trial option disabled in Pro Sites.

Yesterday I manually extended the status for ten days to Basic.

Today, a client made a payment on that Pro Sites account, and in stripe, the payment went through as "$0" and the status was marked as "Status:
    Trialing until May 20, 2013"

Is that because I manually extended the status for ten days? and does that mean in 10 days normal billing wil resume at the selected rate?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fox_jones,

Thank you for the additional input and feedback which is certainly appreciated.

I am not sure if this information will be consequential to figuring out this stubborn to resolve item - and hopefully so and certainly the lead developer will evaluate it.

Thanks again and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Fox Jones

Thanks Joe, here's some more...

It seems that every time a plan is ordered, all subscription plans are deleted then re-added.

This causes the subscriptions to be reset, although it seems that customers are still on their plans, but I can't see them as listed under plans in Stripe (only by their customer name, then i can see that they are in fact still paying $15/month, etc).

When users sign up, they're still receiving the expired email and being reset to the free plan. I've finagled my way around this for now by replacing the contents of the Expired email with a welcome message (so they get the expired email but it welcomes them instead.) and then manually setting their level in Pro Sites.

If it's relevant, I'm in Canada. I have confirmed all Canadian currencies, and even went into the plugin's php files and changed the default from USD to CAD evreywhere it appeared, which seemed to fix some early issues I was having with the payments not even going through.

So, at the moment the plugin is in use in a sort of hacked-together, non-ideal fashion. Would love if it worked right as it's in use in production and causing a lot of headaches (though it is accepting payments, just not behaving after receiving them.)

Keep up the hard work, WPMUDev, thanks.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron

Any updates on this? I'm having this issue too, I've been able to recreate it multiple times (Pro sites says $0, but Stripe receives payment). Any information I can provide to help out? This is becoming a huge pain. Thanks.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron

I played with the Stripe gateway a bit more this morning. Not sure if this is already known, but I attached a sanitized screenshot.

In the Subscriber Information box everything is correct including the payment amount and next payment date. However, in the Account History log the payment amount is recorded as $0, so the user is told their account is expired.

Additionally, I found that the Pro Sites successful signup page, i.e. "Your subscription was successful! You should be receiving an email receipt shortly." is generating an https link to the dashboard. I'll open up another thread for this issue when I learn a bit more, just wanted to give you a heads up.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gabe,

Thank you for the question and unfortunately sir there is no timeline on this at the moment though the development team is certainly working on a cure.

For now it may indeed be in your best interest to switch to the PayPal payment gateway until this is resolved - but of course your call.

Thank you for asking and hopefully our developers will get this issue with Stripe resolved sooner then later and I vote sooner since the Chief Aaron is on it.

Cheers, Joe

• Fox Jones

I'm getting it in live mode, yes.

I can temporarily grant you admin access to a live Stripe account and the WordPress multisite using ProSites if you need to see the error in action.

From the logs on Stripe, ProSites seems to be deleting and recreating plans on Stripe anytime ProSites us updated. As a result, the customers are no longer linked to the subscription plans, although they are still being billed monthly, Stripe is reporting back to ProSites then that they aren't subscribers of any given plan (or plan level "0").

Please email me directly for access to a Live Stripe account if that's the only barrier to testing this issue.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron

I haven't tried it in test mode, but I can consistently reproduce it in live mode (happens every time). I just use a personal credit card and refund the charges in Stripe. If you want me to give it a shot post up the beta plugin or just the new version of the gateway-stripe.php and I'll check it out tonight. Let me know, I'll help anyway I can.

• Aaron
    • CTO

From the logs on Stripe, ProSites seems to be deleting and recreating plans on Stripe anytime ProSites us updated.

That's by design, and has always been the case as you can't edit prices and important details of plans that have subs tied to them. But Stripe keeps the plan details saved internally and they still get charged the same on the proper schedule. And I can't see how that would affect first time checkouts.

Stripe is reporting back to ProSites then that they aren't subscribers of any given plan (or plan level "0").

Can you paste the full webhook json content for that (blankout private details)? Specifically the 'invoice.payment_succeeded' webhook.
    data->object->lines->subscriptions[0]->plan->id is where we get the level and period to extend.

• Aaron
    • CTO

I'm still waiting on this data:

Can you paste the full webhook json content for that (blankout private details)? Specifically the 'invoice.payment_succeeded' webhook.
    data->object->lines->subscriptions[0]->plan->id is where we get the level and period to extend.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @Aaron let me know if this is what you need:

Event Data
    {
    object:
    {
    plan:
    {
    interval: "month",
    name: "Test Plan 1: Monthly",
    amount: 1000,
    currency: "usd",
    id: 1_1,
    object: "plan",
    livemode: true,
    interval_count: 1,
    trial_period_days: null
    },
    object: "subscription",
    start: 1370654721,
    customer: cus_XXXXXXXXXX,
    cancel_at_period_end: false,
    current_period_start: 1370654721,
    current_period_end: 1373246721,
    ended_at: null,
    trial_start: null,
    trial_end: null,
    canceled_at: null,
    quantity: 1
    },
    },

Webhook Details

success
     https://domain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_stripe_webhook

Summary

Time:
    2013/06/08 01:25:21
    Method:
    /v1/customers/cus_ XXXXXXXXXX /subscription
    IP address:
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Related:
    Customer — cus_ XXXXXXXXXX
    Plan — 1_1
    Charge — ch_ XXXXXXXXXX

Parsed Request Query Parameters
    No query parameters

Parsed Request POST Body

{
    plan: "1_1",
    prorate: "true",
    card: tok_ XXXXXXXXXX
    },

Response body

{
    plan:
    {
    },
    object: "subscription",
    customer: cus_ XXXXXXXXXX,
    cancel_at_period_end: false,
    current_period_start: 1370654721,
    current_period_end: 1373246721,
    ended_at: null,
    trial_start: null,
    trial_end: null,
    canceled_at: null,
    quantity: 1
    },
  • Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron here is a bit more:

Event Details
    ID:
    evt_XXXXXXXXXX
    Date:
    2013/06/08 01:25:21
    Type:
    charge.succeeded
    Source:
    API

Event Data

{
    object:
    {
    id: ch_XXXXXXXXXX,
    object: "charge",
    created: 1370654721,
    paid: true,
    refunded: false,
    fee: 230,
    fee_details:
    [
    {
    amount: 230,
    type: "stripe_fee",
    description: "Stripe processing fees",
    application: null,
    amount_refunded: 0
    },
    ],
    card:
    {
    object: "card",
    last4: "XXXX",
    type: "XXXXXXXXXX",
    exp_month: X,
    exp_year: XXXX,
    fingerprint: "XXXXXXXXXX",
    name: "XXXXXXXXXX",
    address_line1: null,
    address_line2: null,
    address_city: null,
    address_state: null,
    address_zip: null,
    address_country: null,
    cvc_check: "pass",
    address_line1_check: null,
    address_zip_check: null
    },
    captured: true,
    failure_message: null,
    failure_code: null,
    amount_refunded: 0,
    customer: cus_XXXXXXXXXX,
    invoice: in_XXXXXXXXXX,
    description: null,
    dispute: null
    },
    },

Webhook Details

success
     https://XXXXXXXXXX.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_stripe_webhook
  • Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron not sure why it took so long, but I finally found the invoice.payment_succeeded webhook you asked for. Here it is:
    Event Details

ID:
    evt_XXXXXXXXX
    Date:
    2013/06/08 01:25:22
    Type:
    invoice.payment_succeeded
    Source:
    API

Event Data

{
    object:
    {
    date: 1370654721,
    id: in_XXXXXXXXX,
    period_start: 1370654721,
    period_end: 1370654721,
    lines:
    {
    object: "list",
    count: 1,
    url: "/v1/invoices/in_XXXXXXXXX/lines",
    data:
    [
    {
    id: su_XXXXXXXXX,
    object: "line_item",
    type: "subscription",
    proration: false,
    period:
    {
    end: 1373246721
    },
    quantity: 1,
    plan:
    {
    },
    description: null
    },
    ],
    },
    subtotal: 1000,
    total: 1000,
    customer: cus_XXXXXXXXX,
    object: "invoice",
    attempted: true,
    closed: true,
    paid: true,
    attempt_count: 0,
    amount_due: 1000,
    starting_balance: 0,
    ending_balance: 0,
    next_payment_attempt: null,
    charge: ch_XXXXXXXXX,
    discount: null
    },
    },

Webhook Details

success
     https://XXXXXXXXX/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_stripe_webhook
  • robbie_reynolds
    • Flash Drive

Is there any progress being made on this issue? I am also experiencing the same issue. When a new customer signs up for a blog, after they make their payment they are redirected back to the payment screen.

Also the WP Admin toolbar does not give the correct paths after new site is created and the cancel subscription link does not function.

Below is what the new customer sees upon first login after payment is made.

This site is temporarily disabled until payment is received. Please check back later.
    Payment Method: Visa Card ending in ####. Expires ##/20##
    Next Payment Date: July 25, 2013

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello. I know you guys are busy working on the new releases, but can we please get an update on this from the developer? It's been over a month since we've had an update.

I provided the information requested, but we still haven't heard anything in over a month. Should we expect the Stripe gateway to be fixed any time soon? Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.