When creating a news letter wordpress not using customize feature

I have been working with the E-newsletter plugin and I dont think it is functioning correctly,

When I try to create a news letter everything is on the left side of the page and is not using the customizer feature to make my job real easy

images
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzKhIonphm62QkZTeHgySTJvVHc/edit?usp=drivesdk

any Ideas here?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Howdy, steve! Happy Sunday!

I've seen this a few times, it's almost always been because of a plugin or theme conflict. Have you done any dreaded conflict testing yet?

e-Newsletter creates a fancy sort of custom post type, so it depends on certain WordPress development best practices to work as expected, sometimes themes and plugins that don't necessarily subscribe to these best practices can cause quirks like you're seeing here.

Try disabling your plugins and switching to a default theme temporarily and give it a test. If everything works, start turning things back on, starting with your theme, until you find the culprit.

If it's a plugin you can live without, the obvious choice is to dump it and clear up some room on your server. If it's a must have, or a conflict with a theme you've fallen in love with, there are some things we might be able to do to track down why it's blocking e-Newsletter from showing the text editor.

At that point, the next steps will be to check for PHP errors with WP_DEBUG (see here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/ )

And to check for javascript errors by looking at your site in Chrome, right clicking any element, and choosing "inspect element." Any javascript errors on the page you're looking at will appear at the bottom of the dev panel, in red text.

Copy any debug or javascript errors you find here, and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks, steve!

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@Michelle Shull

Thanks for the reply I keep forgetting to do the conflict testing
    low and behold it came down to the protected content plugin which is causing
    the issue so I guess it should be sent to the protected content development team so they can fix the conflict.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, steve!

Was that our Protected Content plugin? I just did a quick test on my multisite, and I was able to create a newsletter with the customizer with only eNewsletter and Protected Content enabled. (see my screenshot)

If it was, let's figure out what might be different about our installs. I took this screenshot with WPMU Dashboard, JetPack, BuddyPress, eNewsletter and Protected Content active, and with a default WordPress theme.

Thanks, steve!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Steve,

Hope you're doing well today!

I was able to replicate this on my own install, flagging this as a bug so the developer can get this sorted asap :slight_smile: thanks for reporting it.

Once it is fixed either myself or the developer will post back here to let you know.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.