When deactivating Hummingbird on Staging the Live site breaks

Our sites are hosted on WP Engine where there is a Staging environment. When I deactivate hummingbird on the Staging area the Live site breaks until I've cleared the Hummingbird cache. This is a serious bug :slight_smile:

Seems like there is an identifier that is the same for both sites and no relation to the site's url.

• viobru

Hi, Pól Andrias!

Hope you’re doing great :slight_smile:

I was checking the issue using credentials for the testing and live sites that you shared and I wasn’t able to replicate the issue from my end: after deactivating Hummingbird from the plugins page on the staging site, the live site was still working fine for me (I checked it several times and loading the live site both on a new private window and also on a different browser directly while Hummingbird was deactivated on the staging site, to avoid cache and cookies, and I couldn’t replicate this). So maybe this issue is only happening on the first site that was checked during the live chat.

Since I understand that this is not possible to test again on this first site for which you had contacted us, could you please confirm if you can replicate the issue on another site on which we can check this and share the new credentials for both the live site and staging one with us?

If so, please send us an email with the following information so we can have a closer look at this:

Subject: "Attn: Violeta" (Please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile: )
    - WordPress admin username (for both the live and staging sites)
    - WordPress admin password (for both the live and staging sites)
    - Login URL (for both the live and staging sites)
    - FTP credentials: host/username/password (for both the live and staging sites)
    - Linkback to this thread for reference

You can use our secure contact form here to send it (please, do not post this information in this thread since this is an open thread and could be accessible by anyone): https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question.

Many thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Violeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.