when getting ready to launch my web site do i have yo have a ssl or is having paypal good enough.

really this is just a general question. but will paypal be good enough when doing transactions on my network of sites. or is it a must to have the ssl?

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

If you are taking customers TO PayPal to enter their financial information (Credit Card info and such), then an SSL is not needed for transactions. However, if you want your sites visitors and buyers to have that “comfort” that comes from being on an SSL site, then you may want to consider one.

Personally, I do not use SSL on any websites except for the one that serves my custom Facebook pages. It’s just not really necessary. Take the buyer to PayPal to complete the transaction and it’s on an SSL domain so it’s all good.

I hope this answers your questions and concerns and helps you proceed. Post back if you have additional questions/concerns.

James Dunn

Athens, GA USA

• min_us
    • The Bug Hunter

i have all my issues resolved thanks to the both of you. i just wanted to get some feed back on that so that i did not make any assumptions on this or another future projects. i really getting into web development and there are still allot debugging of my development knowledge that i have to do. and the form is a great place to get that done.

jafar amin

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday @jafar amin

Thanks for posting back – and thanks for the rep points.

Glad we could set your mind at ease with this. PayPal can be a daunting task sometimes and it’s always nice to get some additional input. I know I’ve pulled my hair out dealing with it many times.

Have a great remainder of the weekend – depending upon how much of a weekend you have left.

James Dunn

Athens, GA USA

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.