When I access Chat 'Settings' on Network, I receive a blank page

When I click the "configure here" link in the plugin description after network activating the plugin I am sent to a blank page:

/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=chat_settings_panel_network_site

I am able to see settings when I access the settings pages from the site admin but not the network admin.

Did I do something wrong? Is this a conflict? Do I need to access this page in order to use the plugin?

Thank you.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @Beth

There are no network settings for the chat plugin. Networking activating it only activates it on all sites automatically.

To configure, you have to go to each sites dashboard and click the chat menu in dashboard which will take you to the settings page.

The configure link in the plugins page, takes you to the chat settings if you click it from within the plugins page on a subsite.

However, thanks for the report, I will ask the developer to see if there's anyway he can hide this from on the network plugins page.

Hope this helps

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Beth,

When I click the "configure here" link in the plugin description after network activating the plugin I am sent to a blank page:

I'm not sure I know where that 'configure here' button is. Can you please provide a screenshot? If this on the Network plugins listing or via out WPMU DEV Dashboard listing maybe?

There are no network settings for the chat plugin. Networking activating it only activates it on all sites automatically.

Actuallty there is as of 3.0.6 we added a network wide bottom corner chat option. When enabled there will be a bottom corner chat which replaces the individual site specific bottom corner chats. This network wide bottom corner chat will carry message from all sites into one chat session. So as you move from site to site the message will remain.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.