When I activate the Duration Add-on, what effect does that

When I activate the Duration Add-on, what effect does that have? I was hoping that it would allow me to specify the duration's length. I want to use to the plugin to accomplish scheduling of 4 rooms. No payment option is necessary. Is there some way to have the length be unspecified? That is, a member could choose a room and then indicate how long they would like to reserve the room in blocks of the minimum, which is currently set at 30 minutes.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your question.

When I activate the Duration Add-on, what effect does that have?

If you activate it then it allows you to make changes to service durations calculus from Appointments+ Time Settings from the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> General Tab -> Time Settings

Is there some way to have the length be unspecified? That is, a member could choose a room and then indicate how long they would like to reserve the room in blocks of the minimum, which is currently set at 30 minutes.

I didn't understand your question properly please explain it a bit more in detail?

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Glenn Garnes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

What I want to be able to do is allow someone to select which room they want to use and then specify from the front end how long they would like to use it for. Is this possible? Can someone select Room A, B, C or D and then also select 30min, 60min, 90min, 120 min?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Glenn,

Ok. What is the difference between the two types of calculus?

With the new "Service duration based calculus", time slot sizes will be based on the selected service duration so, say my service lasts 60 minutes - the slots will be 60 minutes my other service lasts for 90 minutes, the slots will change to be 90 minutes intervals.

With the old, "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)" method, the slots will always be the same size - whatever is the "Time base" setting value.

What I want to be able to do is allow someone to select which room they want to use and then specify from the front end how long they would like to use it for. Is this possible? Can someone select Room A, B, C or D and then also select 30min, 60min, 90min, 120 min?

This is possible by MarketPress Integration.

Unlimited number of appointments can be added to the cart and a single checkout and transaction will confirm all of them.

To do this you will have to install MarketPress plugin and activate "Appointments in product cart" Appointments add-on from the following path.

Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons tab

After activating it you can configure it from the following path

Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> General tab -> Payment Settings

Please advise if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Glenn Garnes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I don't think this is what I want to do. Look at the page here:

http://sbceo.com/colabs-room-reservation/

The way the plugin is set up seems inefficient and I am hoping that I'm missing something. That is, I would like to select location and time independent of each other. So, looking at the example on the page above, I'd like it if a person can select a room and then select how long they would like the room for. Currently, we have the time and location melded into once selection, which is terribly inelegant!!

Please help with your suggestion.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your reply.

If i am not wrong what you want to achieve is allow someone to select which room they want to use and then specify from the front end how long they would like to use it for.

Currently what the user have to do is select the room then the time and confirm booking. If the user wants to live in the room for more than one time slot then he has to repeat this step for every time slot he wants to book.

To overcome this problem you can integrate appointments plugin with MarketPress plugin as described in my previous reply and book the appointment for all time slots at once.

You will find information about it on the following thread.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/selecting-multiple-appointment-times-in-single-booking#post-610249

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multiple-appointments-arent-allowed-on-a#post-282000

Please advise.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.