When I attempt to create a newsletter I get the following

When I attempt to create a newsletter I get the following error message:
'Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_screen() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/08/2223308/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/class-gd-system-plugin-admin-menu.php on line 142'

This first appeared when I chose the themes pulldown. Although the Theme choices are displayed, I can't select one.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Richmond,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

That fatal error appears to be coming from a "gd-system-plugin" located in your mu-plugins folder. That isn't one of our plugins and they appear to be conflicting, possibly because they are both using the get_current_screen function.

I'm not sure what plugin that is. Looks like it could be related to the GD rating plugin. Either way, if you go into that folder and temporarily(or permanently) remove that script then you should be able to visit the create a newsletter page :slight_smile:

Let us know if that works!

Have a great rest of your day.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Richmond

It appears that eNewsletter is incompatible with the GoDaddy Managed WordPress product. Here is what their tech support said:

'Rebecca -
    There's not a way to disable that within the Managed WordPress hosting. Looking at your account I see that you have a Deluxe cPanel hosting. You can set up the website on the cPanel hosting instead and install WordPress there and won't have any of the Manged WordPress plugins installed.'

I'll try MailPoet instead. Looks like eNewsletter would require more work for me in the long run.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.