When I click off of one popup another opens - don't want it to

I have three active popups. When I click "off" one, I do not want a second popup to immediately appear. How do I stop this from happening? I only want the second popup to appear when the user moves to a second page.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Oliver,

hope you're doing well today!

The best way to do this is going to be to vary up the conditions. Make one show up when they try to exit the browser, the other show up immediately on visit, and the 3rd show up on a specific click, or something similar to that - and set them all to show once so they don't keep showing to the same visitor.

I can mark this as a feature request for you though :slight_smile:

Do you have any further questions on this? More than happy to help!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Oliver!

The part I think Tyler was speaking of was the behavior "Appear when the mouse leaves the browser window." I'm pretty sure he meant to change the behavior of each of the three pop ups, and to leave the conditions as they are. Trying another screenshot here, the forum keeps eating them.

If the screenshot doesn't show, the behavior box is immediately under the content editor, in the right hand pane. : )

Have a great Friday, Oliver!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Oliver!

You'll need to go to PopUps > Settings, and make sure to activate JavaScript Events in Available Conditions to see the option I showed above.

It's not exactly the same as exiting the browser, but it's the closest we can achieve with these tools. We can't actually stop a user from closing their browser, which is probably a good thing, I know I wouldn't enjoy being unable to close my browser when I wanted to.

Since leaving the browser window (the part of your browser under the tool bar) is a precurser to closing the tab or window, it's the next best thing.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.