When I create my register page, it defaults to the subscription default page

I am not able to get all the settings properly working for my membership plugin. When I am asked to create the default page for my guests to register, it defaults to the subscription page. I can not figure out why?

• Elise

OK, so here is what I am trying to do. First I want my visitors to purchase a membership. I want them to pay for a level one membership, which I guess is called the access level. Once that is purchased, I want them to be able to create their own profile page, which others can view. Once that is done, I want them to be able to then purchase an upgrade, which I guess is now called a subscription. From here I think it automatically shows in their profile. I have buddypress installed, but as yet, I have not gotten far enough to make sure that works. I did see an older article where the person was instructed to create a profile page from the theme content file in the wordpress folder. I did that. So I still have that option up my sleeve.

So the issue is still that I don't seem to be able to accomplish my goals in a smooth manner. Step1. Purchase a level-1 membership. step2. create the profile page. Step3. purchase a possible upgrade to a level 2 user which is done by a subscription, which allows the client to now submit digital material such as resume, or auditions via a YouTube link. Once a visitor becomes a level 1 member, they have all access to the website. The only difference between level one and level two is that they have purchased the ability to submit material. No Visitor can move throughout the platform without a membership. Visitors have access to only a few free pages. I can not get this seamlessly integrated at this point. I have no idea why this is so difficult for me, but it is. This is also my first wordpress built site, if that helps. The last issue I seem to be having is, every time I go to look at my site in the browser, the screen is split with what appears to be a sort of inspect view. A small insect icon off to the left side, and the screen is split as if you would see code at the bottom and above the screen, the actual view. I see no code, just the strange layout. I have no way to remove this. I have tried, but I can't find where this setting has been activated. It is driving me nuts. I don't see this view while I am editing, only when I go to view the site live. It is really confusing me, as if the other issues are not enough. LOL I sure hope you can help me to break this thing down so that I can finally get up and running. So far, I do not see an end in sight and feel a bit stupid and overwhelmed.

Thanks,
    Elise

• Elise

I am having such a difficult time getting this all set up that maybe It would be a better option to start all over. Would it be best to delete the entire plugin, all the files, and start from scratch? I just want to move on and really don't see now to make it through the basic setup. It is either so easy, that I have complicated to such a degree, I can't see the forest for the trees, or I have really done something wrong. As I had stated above, I just want to get my visitors to purchase a membership, then get routed to an area where they can purchase a subscription and create a profile. I just can't get the links working properly. Please help.......this is getting so silly.

• Michelle Shull

Hello Elise!

First, don't delete anything yet! It looks like you're almost there, from what you've posted here. Let me walk you through this a step at a time, we'll get you up and running in no time.

Let's start with BuddyPress. Your Membership plugin comes with subscription forms for each level, you're going to want to put one of those forms (with a shortcode) into an individual page. Go to Pages>Add New, and name it for the first subscription level.

For the content, drop in the registration form shortcode, which looks like this:

[subscriptionform]

Save!

Now, go to BuddyPress, and change the default page for new member registrations to the page you just created.

This gets you through your first goal, let me know when you've got this in place, and we'll move on to the next level.

• Elise

Hi MIchelle,
    OK, so that was awesome. I have done that. Thanks for the help. Now I am still slowly plugging along. Once I did that, it created my registration page. In doing so, It allowed me to see another issue. It seems I still am not able to get the first level of membership established. The link takes the visitor to an area where they can register as a member, but they are directed to choose one of every level of my subscriptions. I thought I set up the subscription levels properly, but obviously if they are being prompted to choose them all, I did not. The subscriptions have different costs, so I want to make sure they are quite separate. I also want to make sure the user must first purchase the Level one Membership/Subscription. Once this level has been purchased, they can move on to the upgrade, but they don't have to. Many visitors will choose to upgrade, while many will not. Currently I am still trying to work this out. So as per your instructions, I created the links the way you instructed above. I allowed that to come through the, How To Get Started Page. How do I move on to accomplish my goal? I will repeat with an numbered list.
    1. Purchase A level one membership via a subscription.
    2. create the user and profile data/information.
    3. Upgrade the subscription via a small cost, in order to be able to submit
    content.
    I am still not there.
    Waiting for your response. I will go and enable my help link again.

Thanks
    Elise~

• aristath

Hello again @Elise,

I logged-in on your site today and took a look at your settings etc.

What you want to do is not supported out of the box... By default the dubscription form displays all levels.
    However, you could create multiple subscription pages (one for each level) and then we can use some custom CSS to hide the ones that you don't need on each page.

Could you please create your subscription pages and then post back here the links to those pages and let us know which subscription you want displayed on each of them?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Elise

Hi Ari,
    So I have gotten quite a bit further on my own without utilising the individual subscription pages, but I am running up against a problem. I set into place a free trial user. This subscription is free and will expire in 14 days. My problem seems to be, for the average visitor to my site, it never routes them to a place where they can sign up and get a subscription. When they go to the page, How to get started, there is a link at the bottom which says, "join now". This link is set to the page where I have all the subscriptions, which is Subscription-Level-one. This is how I was instructed to set it all up. When the visitor clicks on this link, they receive this image and page, which is actually the subscription-2 page.....what ever that is. Please see an image of the screen shot attached.

I know I must have my settings a bit off, but I can't figure out how to fix this. I have gone into the the member settings under the levels and the page I need to attach to this level, does not show it. There is no way to attach this page to the visitor level that I can see. What am I missing? I have read a few other posts about this sort of thing, but I can't work this out. Sorry to bother you guys, I just have so many issues to get worked out.
    Thanks for the help,
    Elise

• Elise

Hi Ari,
    So I have gotten quite a bit further on my own without utilising the individual subscription pages, but I am running up against a problem. I set into place a free trial user. This subscription is free and will expire in 14 days. My problem seems to be, for the average visitor to my site, it never routes them to a place where they can sign up and get a subscription. When they go to the page, How to get started, there is a link at the bottom which says, "join now". This link is set to the page where I have all the subscriptions, which is Subscription-Level-one. This is how I was instructed to set it all up. When the visitor clicks on this link, they receive this image and page, which is actually the subscription-2 page.....what ever that is. Please see an image of the screen shot attached.

I know I must have my settings a bit off, but I can't figure out how to fix this. I have gone into the the member settings under the levels and the page I need to attach to this level, does not show it. There is no way to attach this page to the visitor level that I can see. What am I missing? I have read a few other posts about this sort of thing, but I can't work this out. Sorry to bother you guys, I just have so many issues to get worked out.
    Thanks for the help,
    Elise

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Elise!

I think I found the issue, check out the screenshot below. subscriptions-2 is the page named Subscriptions, it's showing up because that's the page you've got selected as your Subscriptions page, if you want to use your page "Subscription Level One" where it says "Subscriptions" below. Your registration page (which would go in the first spot) can have a shortcode to include a subscription sign-up, but that's a separate page from subscriptions.

Give that a change and see if that solves the issue for you.

Thanks for contacting us, sorry for any delay.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.