When I do a Network Backup of my wordpress multisite. How

When I do a Network Backup of my wordpress multisite.

How do I pull out individual database from the backed up zip file.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Hudson,

Thank you for your question and I hope you're well today!

if you're using a standard Multisite install there'd be no individual databases as all sites of your network share the same WP installation. There are tables inside the database assigned to the sites but the database is single. Having said that, there's no way to extract an "individual databse" from a snapshot in this case.

You can of course extract the archive, import the database to your server via for example phpMyAdmin, then select some tables and export them back but those exported tables won't be of any use for Snapshot's restore process.

If you use a plugin that splits your network through multiple databases (such as our Multi-DB plugin) you can simply create individual snapshot for pages which will result in archives containing the databases assigned to those particular sites.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Hudson,

I hope you're well today!

If you plan to host 100 sites, Multi-DB plugin shouldn't be necessary. Any serious speed issues would mean that your hosting account isn't good enough and the plugin will not be of much help in such case.

If you plan to host 500 or 1000 or more sites, especially handling a lot of traffic, then the Multi-DB plugin is highly recommended. The plugin doesn't create a separate database "per site", instead it spreads sites through multiple databases and it does it evenly, thus the "weird" numbers.

Starting from 16 databases, the next step would be 265 (as 256 = 16 x 16) and 4096 (as 4096 = 256 x 16). It's the way our developers found the most efficient.

I'd also like to straighten up an information from my previous answer here. Of course when you use Multi-DB plugin Snapshot won't automatically create a "single database archive" for every site, as there still be no "single, separate databases" (as explained above). It will however let you create a snapshots of single sub-sites just as always. I'm sorry for that misleading statement.

Regards,
    Adam