when i select to use the pop up form instead of the ugly

when i select to use the pop up form instead of the ugly normal registration form, the field for the signup code is missing, rendering the entire thing useless.

could someone please update the form and the plugin, would appreciate it.

mitchell

hi,

thank you for not helping, but at least responding to my question
    im starting to find this a challenge with you lot. i dont use the f***ing default theme. so no, i havent f**ing tried it! does that answer your f**ing question??

now, how about you answer my question. this time, with an answer, and not a question.. ?? hmm?

so, should i just quickly screw up my site so i can do YOUR job and test it on the theme?

aristath

@mitchell

im starting to find this a challenge with you lot. i dont use the f***ing default theme. so no, i havent f**ing tried it! does that answer your f**ing question??

Please try to understand... Your site is a sum of many things.
    There's the WordPress core, there are plugins and there's the theme.
    ALL these elements can affect one another.
    I don't care what theme you're using, I simply want to make sure that the code from the theme you're using is not the cause of your issue.
    If your issue continues to exist with the twentytwelve theme, then it's not your theme.
    If it stops, then we have to look at your theme & settings to find out what's wrong.

now, how about you answer my question. this time, with an answer, and not a question.. ?? hmm?

Hmmm... Suppose you go to the doctor and you tell him "I'm in pain".
    Do you expect an immediate diagnosis, or some questions and some tests to figure out what's wrong first? Sure, I can tell you that if your arm hurts you should cut it off, but that's not the right way to go.

so, should i just quickly screw up my site so i can do YOUR job and test it on the theme?

If you have any other idea to test if it's your theme or the plugin that's causing this then I'm all ears!

Cheers,
    Ari.

mitchell

right, then next time answer by questions with an answer and not a question. you could have explained any number of those things in the first communication.

i will have to wait until the wee hours of the morning to test it as i currently have traffic through it enough to not be able to close it down for a moment. i will revert.

as for your doctor remark. if i went to the doctor and said, im in pain, my side hurts when i do this, and when i do that this happens, would you be able to sort it out for me by cutting off x and then doing z...

he wouid reply, either, yes. i can, or no, i cant, first we need to test the following, could you please bend over for me, and then touch your toes.

so take that comment, and shove it up your ass. i asked you quite a specific question. suppose you dealt with you mother in the same way when she asked you a question and you gave her a vague unhelpful incomplete answer and then tried to get smart with her afterwards?

dont be an asshole. be helpful . isnt that what we as members pay for? isnt that what all your advertising is about?

i have to say, ive had nothing but a shit experience so far, im so dissapointed i cant even tell you.

Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Our staff are not here to be abused, this is a professional community of adults. We're not in a playground where we fling names and insults at each other.

You have no right to call our staff arseholes or be rude in anyway.

It's a simple fact in any web development that if something isn't working as it should that there could be a conflict and you need to test for that. We test with WordPress standards, i.e. the default stuff and so if something isn't working then chances are it could be a conflict with a theme or other plugin.

The quickest way to test for that is to simply remove the other code from the equation. If it then works it gives us something to go with. If not then it could be an issue in the plugin.

Being rude and nasty won't get you anywhere, it doesn't motivate people to help you! It simply isn't acceptable. And I won't tolerate it.

So far you've stated you have a problem but you've not provided examples, like links or screenshots. Direct links to where this happens on your site will allow us to see the issue at hand so we know what to look for when we test ourselves. I was thinking you referred to another plugin called Signup Codes, but now I believe you refer to our feature called Simple Invite Codes. So I went to look further.

After some testing I do finally see the issue you refer too, and it does relate to our Simple Invite Code feature. I'm going to report this to our developer to fix up.

I look forward to assisting your further here, in a more civil and professional way from this point on.

Cheers.

mitchell

i have no problem with being civil, and as far as professional goes, i wouldnt exactly call your staff members analogy to the doctor or any part of the reply professional. but hey. what ever. and as for answering a question with a question, still not acceptable, still not professional. seeing as ive made no further mention of any of the details and you have still been able to find it and put it forward for development, would lead me to believe that i posted it in enough detail the first time around, you have also now gone and done exactly what i requested the first time.. not so hard hey?

so yes, no more abuse and thank you, let me know if and when there is an update.