when i start touching in my settings i have realise that

Hi

when i start touching in my settings i have realise that in server info days

is multisite no

I suppose that it's meaning that i cant use prosites which is one of my goals. So what do i have to do?. is there any way to solve it or i need to change my server??

In case i need to change my server i was watching the main ones rapidgator, and godady.
Why are they so cheap in comparison with for example wpengine?
Are they good, and multisite?
May you give me any suggestion?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @wordev

Pro Sites will not function at all on a single site install of WordPress. It is designed to enable you to offer more flexibility and functionality to your users when they create sites in your WordPress network (multisite).

As for hosting, the cheaper the host, the crappier the server. :slight_smile:

WP-Engine specializes in hosting and maintaining secure WordPress sites. There are many such hosting companies.

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi patrick
    Thanks , but maybe because of my english i didnt explain well.
    I'll try it again.
    Of coursei am totally agree with you in "Pro Sites will not function at all on a single site install of WordPress." but what does it mean what i see in snapshot server info

1º That my server doesnt support multisite??
    2º Or that i didnt make the things to make my site multisite??

And related with the second question i need you to be more precise, if you can and want :
    of course things cheaper normally but not always use to be worse than others.
    but in this case the diference is very, very huge, and furthermore we have to bare in mind that if they are number one is maybe because they will do something well, wont they??

And this is my problem i am newbie and i see very diferent prices and i dont understand why.

So there is any recomendation with a good price for a multisite server.

Thanks Patrick and i hope i have explained better this time.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@wordev

Sorry for the delay in responding.

No, the Server Info simply gives you information that may be needed.

That particular bit of information in the Server Info about multisite simply indicates that your site is not a multisite install. Snapshot will work just fine on a single site, don't worry.

Unfortunately, creating a muultisite install is not as simple as just adding a line to wp-config.php. Also, that line @Dev4 is not the first info that needs to be added when setting up a multisite network. Simply adding or changing that line without doing all the rest can really mess things up. :slight_smile:

If you really need to create a multisite network, please follow all steps as detailed in the WordPress codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.