When I try and set course categories I get a page that says

When I try and set course categories I get a page that says cheatin' uh?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Graham,

I hope you are well today.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of CoursePress Pro plugin and created & set course categories but didn't face any such issue.

Could you please try doing it using another admin account?

Are you using any user role manager plugin?

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Graham
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK, Since I have not heard anything back from you I have done my own investigation and found that the error occurs when the coursepress instructor capabilities for Course Categories are not all checked - I had delete category unchecked made t checked and all is good now. This is a bug in you code and needs fixing.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Graham,

Glad it's working fine for you now :slight_smile:

I can see the Delete Categories checkbox of Instructor Capabilities settings is unchecked by default but still i didn't face any issue creating and assigning categories.

This may be because as i can see you are using older version of CoursePress Pro plugin so could you please try updating it to the latest version?

Please tell me a bit more in details the steps required to reproduce this issue and regrant the support staff access on your site so that if there is any issue in the plugin, we can fix it.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.