When I try to create a newsletter it briefly flashes up

When I try to create a newsletter it briefly flashes up the edit screen then I get the Cheatin’ uh? message. I have set up Editor as having all permissions and am logged in as Admin. I am updated to the latest version according to Dashboard. Any ideas?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @sequin,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site creating a newsletter using latest version of e-Newsletter plugin and found it's working fine.

Was it working fine for you before updating the e-Newsletter plugin to the latest version?

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mel,

Thank you for granting the support staff access.

I tried to log in to your site using support staff access but got the following error message.

Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.

Could you please revoke and regrant the support staff access?

Also please answer all of the questions i have asked in my previous reply that will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Have you troubleshooted for plugin/theme conflict?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• sequin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI,
    I've tried using Twenty Fifteen and it doesn't make a difference. On deactivating all plugins I managed to get to the template page but... reactivating one at a time, I was still able to load this page. With all the plugins reactivated, it seemed to be working and I was able to pick a new template but trying to load it took me back to the Cheatin 'uh page :slight_frown: I'm assuming this means it is a plugin conflict but I can't work out which one!

Have revoked and regranted support access! If an issue, let me know and I can send you admin details.

Thanks,
    Mel

• sequin

Hi,
    Looks like I also have a js error relating to ddsmoothmenu which I think is preventing my Featured Articles slider from loading on the homepage. Could this be related? (and if so how do I fix it please?)
    Many thanks,
    Mel

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mel,

Thank you for your reply.

Looks like I also have a js error relating to ddsmoothmenu which I think is preventing my Featured Articles slider from loading on the homepage. Could this be related? (and if so how do I fix it please?)

No i don't think it's related so let's first resolve the newsletter issue.

I logged in to your site and tried to reproduce the issue by creating and editing the newsletters, changing the templates but i didn't face any issue with it.

Could you please share the screenshots of steps you implemented to reproduce it or tell me in a bit detail so that i can reproduce it?

On deactivating all plugins I managed to get to the template page but... reactivating one at a time, I was still able to load this page. With all the plugins reactivated, it seemed to be working and I was able to pick a new template but trying to load it took me back to the Cheatin 'uh page :slight_frown: I'm assuming this means it is a plugin conflict but I can't work out which one!

Have you tried deactivating all plugins and reactivating it one by one but after activating each plugin just check whether you can choose the template?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• sequin

Hi Vinod,
    Not quite sure what has happened between last night and now but it appears to now be working which is wonderful. If you can offer any tips on the js issue as well I would be eternally grateful. I'm not sure I'm actually using the ddsmooth script any more as I believe it was related to an old menu plugin?
    Thanks,
    Mel

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mel,

That's great news! Glad it's working fine for you now :slight_smile:

I can see on your site that the javascript error message is getting displayed from the file ddsmoothmenu.js which is defined in your theme themia-lite.

To resolve the issue Would you mind if i access your site using FTP? If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mel,

Thank you for sending the site details.

I have resolved the JavaScript conflict issue on your site by editing the following themia-lite theme js file on line number 51 as displayed below.

themia-lite theme js file:
    /wp-content/themes/themia-lite/js/ddsmoothmenu.js

Before Editing:

buildmenu:function($, setting){

var smoothmenu=ddsmoothmenu
    	var $mainmenu=$("#"+setting.mainmenuid+" ul") //reference main menu UL
    		$mainmenu.parent().get(0).className=setting.classname || "ddsmoothmenu"

After Editing:

buildmenu:function($, setting){

var smoothmenu=ddsmoothmenu
    	var $mainmenu=$("#"+setting.mainmenuid+" ul") //reference main menu UL
    	if (typeof $mainmenu.parent().get(0) !== "undefined") {
    		$mainmenu.parent().get(0).className=setting.classname || "ddsmoothmenu"
    	}

Note: The changes has been made in the theme file and these changes will be overwritten and lost when you update the theme and you will have to make these changes again after theme updation.

Please check it and let me know how it works for you?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.