when I try to send a newsletter both cron or send now I get

when I try to send a newsletter both cron or send now I get 500 error. I tried disabling all plugins accept enewsletter still no go.

I'm activating your login access in dev dashboard fyi.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @mcmasterp, Michael here!

Hmm... with over 11,000 subscribers on your list here, and the fact that you're presently sending out 450 emails per hour (with one email being sent every 2 seconds), the following questions come to mind:

#1: Given that you've been able to send to a list of 8,000 in times past, did you happen to change anything recently? Did you switch hosting providers?

#2: When sending them out via "Send Now", how long does it take for the 500 error to show up?

#3: Have you thought about changing the rate of emails sent from every 2 seconds to every 8 seconds instead? Seeing as 450 emails are being sent out every hour, the same amount of emails would be sent out per hour, it'd be simply a matter of how fast they're sent out.

Please advise,
    Michael

• mcmasterp

Thanks for the quick support. My favorite!

1# since I tested with all other plugins off the only thing that has changed since the last time we sent a newsletter would be wordpress and the newletter plugin's updates.

2# error takes about 2min to appear for send now and cron

3# I changed rate to 8sec and still cron errors

EDIT: also I checked the error log in wordpress root directory and see nothing

• Michael Bissett

Hey @mcmasterp, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

I'm thinking that we'll want to have a deeper look at what's going on here, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include cPanel log-in details (login address, username & password)
    - Please mention the name of a newsletter I can try sending to your list, if you still have one written up that hasn't been sent yet
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.