When I try to use upfront it just stays on a loading

When I try to use upfront it just stays on a loading screen. Also I clicked on the instructions for Upfront and a blank page loads... What is going on with this thing?

Thank you,

Paul

• Vaughan

Hi Paul,

Hope you're well?

Could you try adding this rule to the top of your .htaccess file and see if that makes any difference:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 00318
    </IfModule>

Also, if you could check your site error log files (You should be able to find the error logs in your CPanel, or look for a file called error_log in your sites public_html or /wp-admin folder. Hopefully any errors will be listed there which might give us more indication as to what may be causing the issue.

Hope this helps

• Paul

Okay so I was able to fix the problem. I had a custom folder named "assets" that was replacing the "wp-content" folder and I was redirecting to that folder in the wp-config.php file. Once I did a fresh install and left the settings in wp-config.php as they come shipped in the wordpress.zip installation everything with Upfront seems to be working perfectly now. I just got it running so I will be testing but at first glance it looks to be perfectly fine.

This brings up another question. How do I mask/hide the fact that this is a Wordpress installation if I can't redirect out of the "wp-content" folder? Do you have any other ways that I can do this without breaking Upfront?

Thank you,

Paul

• Vaughan

Hi PAul,

That definitely explains why it didn't work, I have tested this on my own site and then experienced the same problem as you. At this time it looks like Upfront will not work with changing the wp-content folder name.

I have mentioned this to the developers, but I can't guarantee they can get this fixed quickly as it might require some quite complex changes.

Unfortunately, i'm not sure of any other ways you could do this. But i'll certainly ask to see if there's anything to be done.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.