When buying a membership level, the process feels really awkward

Hi there,

I have Membership Pro2 installed on my multisite and it's being set up on a client site, right now. However, I'm having trouble getting the sign-up process working as I'd like it to.

When I use the shortcode to buy a particular membership level, it initially directs me to the 'Register' page.

After registering, you get directed back to the 'register' page, again, which to me looks like a bit of a mistake. At that time, you then have to scroll down to use the 'Already have a user account' link and sign in to the site, at which point, you can choose the membership level you wish to buy.

All of this seems rather clunky and confusing. It also feels like a difficult process to take a prospective new member through and I'm worrying that I would lose prospective members during the process.

Is it possible to change the settings so that, after you register, you get re-directed straight to the page where you can purchase the membership you want?

I can't see anything that will allow me to do that but it would be really useful and feel so much more sensible.

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Sajid

Hi Steve - Think BiG,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That is not the default flow of Membership 2 Pro for non registered users.

It should first list memberships -> chose one of membership -> redirect to register page -> redirect to checkout page to actually buy it by using one of available payment gateways -> then redirect to thank you page after payment.

If its not like that then something is wrong on your end and any plugin/theme may be interfering with Membership 2 functionality.

Please run a plugin/theme conflict test as a basic troubleshooting protocol as described in getting support manual (flowchart).

If the issue is still there then please enable support staff access so I can take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Laura

Sajid if this is wrong, please delete. Just trying to help out...

I don't have a developer brain, but I had the same problem.

I don't know if it was the latest update of Membership Pro 2, or if I caused the problem by moving the shortcodes around in two of my pages.

This is the shortcode you want in the FIRST page of the sequence (listing all memberships):
    [ms-membership-signup]

The user is then automatically directed to this next page (to enter their details) with this shortcode:
    [ms-membership-register-user]

After entering in their desired account info they are redirected to a system page:
    http://www.YOURSITENAME.com/register/?step=payment_table&membership_id=XXX

Where they click one more button and are sent to your payment processor.

Laura

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your input on this. It's very much appreciated.

I seem to have solved the problem through disabling the SI Captcha Anti-SPAM plugin. In this instance, I was using a specific membership level shortcode to access the registration form, rather than using the membership list shortcode. I wasn't sure what to expect, in terms of sequence, but it wasn't doing anything logical.

It now seems to be ok. I just need to find a captcha plugin that won;t conflict with Membership Pro2.

Any thoughts?

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Sajid,

And thank you for the quick response.

I'm very well, thanks, and I hope you are, as well.

It appears to be a plugin called 'SI CAPTCHA Anti-SPAM', which I have tended to use to add a CAPTCHA to all forms to reduce the potential for spam comments and brute force attempts to login to websites.

Are you aware of a CAPTCHA plugin that will do the same and still work with Membership Pro2?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Steve

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Steve - Think BiG Hi Sajid,

Further to my earlier message, I noticed that the 'WP reCaptcha Integration' was suggested in one of the Add-Ons. The link to the 'WP reCaptcha Integration' plugin didn't recognise the particular plugin. I've installed a plugin that was found that looked pretty close - WordPress ReCaptcha Integration - and have installed it.

However, the Membership Pro2 Add-On doesn't appear to recognise the 'WordPress ReCaptcha Integration' plugin and any functionality that is associated with the Add-On, consequently, isn't working.

Could you check to see whether I have the correct plugin and advise what should happen once it's installed and recognised by Membership Pro2?

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Sajid

Hi Steve - Think BiG,

That is not the plugin required for Membership 2 reCaptcha Integration add-on. However, I can confirm that, the specified plugin is no longer available in WordPress plugin repository. I marking it as a bug to notify the plugin developer so we can find an alternative.

Meanwhile, I had this plugin downloaded in the past for my own test site. I have tested it again and its working just fine for me.

Here are steps for you to enable this plugin and use the integration.

1. Download the plugin attached to this reply.

2. Install it on your WordPress site from Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.

3. After installing and activating the plugin, you need to configure this plugin by adding your site google keys from Admin -> Settings -> WP-reCAPTCHA.

3.a You can generate the keys for free from this URL. Just skip the integration step provided by google since we are doing it by using the plugin.

4. Now finally go to Admin -> Membership 2 -> Add-ons and enable WP reCaptcha Integration add-on.

5. Done!

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Steve - Think BiG,

I am sorry for delay on this ticket. I tested it on my own site and its still working fine form. If you still getting this issue then please clear your browser cache and then check again.

Or, try WordPress ReCaptcha Integration plugin and then check again.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.