When is MarketPlace 3.0 due to release?

It sounds like a lot of changes are coming along in MarketPress 3.0. Enough so that I think I'll wait until implementing on my sites.

How is MarketPress 3.0 coming along and when do you expect it will be released?

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

It's coming along real nicely, and there will be a fair number of changes coming as well.

Unfortunately I can't offer an eta, it's not something we do. I know it's frustrating not knowing, but we've found that members often get more frustrated when we give a rough guide but overshoot it.

As soon as we release then providing you have our Dashboard installed or you're subscribing to our newsletter then you'll be amongst the first to learn of the release. :slight_smile:

If you're not already subscribed then you can do so on the right hand side here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/

Have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

• jetmac
    • Recruit

Hey, Tim, thanks for the quick response.

I understand not giving a hard date, but is there an estimated completion? A month, 6 weeks, early 2015?

This information is important for planning. Our members have requested a storefront capability and I want to give it to them. MP is my preferred solution.

However, if the structure is being rebuilt and altered (a good thing, I'm in favor of the changes I know about), it may be very confusing to them once that change happens. I would rather wait to install MP on the live network until 3.0 is out to prevent confusion and streamline my support notes for them.

So, please, any insights are valuable when it comes to implantation schedule. Ballpark estimates are fine for my purposes.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @jetmac,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately like Timothy said we don't give eta's, even rough ballpark figures.

All I could say is, we're looking at months, I couldn't say if that means this year or early next year, as we honestly don't know ourselves of a exact date.

But it's going to be fantastic with huge improvements and additions across the whole plugin. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.